PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern before MVMCP

DANAM
07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Okay so we have deceided just this week to go to Disney the week before Christmas. We are going to the MVMCP and I was trying to get ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern around 5pm which seems to be impossible. I have called everyday this week hoping for a cancellation and will continue to do so if you all think it's worth it. We have never ate there before it is always booked and since they aren't doing the character dining after Jan 4th I really want to try it. So is it worth it? And do they do something special for the nights of the Christmas Party?

Madame Leona
07-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I really like it. The food is good but the characters and the atmosphere are what make it fun. I haven't been around Christmas time so I can't be any help there.

Camping Mom
07-18-2008, 12:13 AM
We have been here to lunch several times. It is a great way to share a meal because the portions are big. My DH and I usually share the pot roast and it is more than enough. It is like 13.00 - 15.00 so even if you get it yourself, it is more reasonable than some of the meals in the parks.

We ate there for lunch 3 days before Christmas. We have never done the dinner as it is too expensive for us. But I love the Colonial atmosphere.

Simba'sBud
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
This was one of our favorite meals last December and we had it just before our evening at the MVMCP. Definitely continue trying to book it if at all possible, it is truly worth it! The character outfits are great and it even seemed that the characters there were much more playful and humorous than at some of the other dinners we attended.

Good luck on the ressies and hope you enjoy! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Keep trying....it's worth it.

We've eaten there before the MNSSHP and MVMCP, and always had a great meal. They don't do anything "special" at the meal before the party, but it just seems to have an extra special feel.

We have a 5:10 ADR on 10/16 before MNSSHP this year. Can't wait!!

momofdisneyprincess
07-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I would suggest calling back and mentioning you are going to the party. Last year, I was trying to get a dinner and was told they were not taking anymore reservations. The CM then asked if had tickets to the party. I said I did and was able to get the reservation. Good luck!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Definitely mention that you are going to the party that night and you'll probably find out that they can fit you in.
We ate there in Dec 2005 fefore the party. They didn't do anything special but this was one of the most fun Character meals we have ever done. The characters were a ball. We had a food fight going on and everything. Oh yeah, and the food was good too!

Pirate Granny
07-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Have you tried an early dinner hour...They open at 4pm for dinner. We have ADR's at 4:10 the day we are going to the MVMCP...I know, we'll have to do some fast walking, but I have an annual pass, so I'll go in before everyone else and get to the restaurant while the rest come as quick as possible. Last year the cast members let a group of us (under ten persons) in MK around 3:50...normally they are pretty firm about the 4pm entrance time. We order our meal and then hubby races off with our tickets to get SM FP's...then between the meal and dessert our time was up for the next FP and he went and got TM FP...so we were pretty well set and had eaten too...
:pirate:

DANAM
07-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Keep trying....it's worth it.

We've eaten there before the MNSSHP and MVMCP, and always had a great meal. They don't do anything "special" at the meal before the party, but it just seems to have an extra special feel.

We have a 5:10 ADR on 10/16 before MNSSHP this year. Can't wait!!

That's the night we are going hope to see you there!!! If you don't mind me asking for next year when did you book?

SurferStitch
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
That's the night we are going hope to see you there!!! If you don't mind me asking for next year when did you book?

We booked the meal 180 days in advance (actually it was 180+4 since we arrive on the 12th).

Last year (December) when we did MVMCP, we were able to book our dinner at LTT when we bought our party tickets, which was before the 180 days. Not sure if they still do that, since we bought our MNSSHP tickets after the 180 day window.

By the way....I plan to be dressed as Tinkerbell. If you see me (I'll still be carrying my plush Stitch backpack even though he doesn't exactly match Tink), say HI. I may even dress Stitch up as Peter Pan if DH doesn't have the guts to do it.

DANAM
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
We booked the meal 180 days in advance (actually it was 180+4 since we arrive on the 12th).

Last year (December) when we did MVMCP, we were able to book our dinner at LTT when we bought our party tickets, which was before the 180 days. Not sure if they still do that, since we bought our MNSSHP tickets after the 180 day window.

By the way....I plan to be dressed as Tinkerbell. If you see me (I'll still be carrying my plush Stitch backpack even though he doesn't exactly match Tink), say HI. I may even dress Stitch up as Peter Pan if DH doesn't have the guts to do it.

I didn't know we dress up for the Christmas party! Does everyone? My kids would be so upset if everyone was dressed up and they weren't?

PittFan
07-20-2008, 09:59 PM
We actually cancelled our ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern for our upcoming trip in favor of 1900 Park Fare. LTT was OK but we wanted to try something different.

disneymom2000
07-20-2008, 11:14 PM
We went last year the week before Christmas. They didn't do anything special at the LTT but the atmosphere is very festive and old timey.
The wait was a little longer than most where I have made ADR's but definately worth it.

And not very many people dressed up for the Christmas party that I saw. Several people wore Santa hats but other than that only a handful of people were dressed as characters.

SurferStitch
07-21-2008, 06:26 AM
I didn't know we dress up for the Christmas party! Does everyone? My kids would be so upset if everyone was dressed up and they weren't?

No, no.....we're there on 10/16, for MNSSHP, not MVMCP...

When you said you were going to be there on the same day, I thought you meant you were also going to be there in October. That's why I mentioned what I was going to wear.

;)