PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Opens

Figment!
07-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Grand opening of new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

eTurboNews
Jul 11, 2008

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel marked its grand opening on July 8 2008, in a year when the entire Tokyo Disney Resort celebrates its 25 anniversary.

The new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel stands in front of the main entrance of Tokyo Disneyland Park, with the Disney Resort Line’s Tokyo Disneyland Station in between. Built in luxurious Victorian style, the design blends with the architecture of the World Bazaar, which is the first area guests see upon entering Tokyo Disneyland Park. While grand and elegant, the hotel generates a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for the guests.

The year 2008 also marks the 25th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort, and the Resort will host a yearlong jubilee under the slogan “Unlock Your Dreams.” Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will provide a memorable and dreamlike experience for guests who wish to be immersed in the world of Disney during their entire stay at the resort.

----------------------------------

Be a princess at the right price

AFP
July 12, 2008

Tokyo Disney Resort unveiled a new $566 million hotel where young girls who stay there can choose to be transformed into a princess of their choice.

The Tokyo Disney Hotel opened on July 8th and it houses the 'Bibbidi Bobbidi' boutique which can turn girls aged 3 to 9 into Cinderella, Snow White or other screen princesses.

But such treats don't come cheap.
The full service, including costumes, shoes, make-up, hairstyling, manicure and professional photography, costs $315.
The cheapest room at the hotel costs about $390 during the off-peak season from January to February.

Girls whose parents have cash to burn can stay in the top-floor premiere suite, which is priced at $6,300 a night.

Tokyo Disney Resort, a nine-storey venture, is the third official hotel in the sprawling Disney compound in the suburbs of the Japanese capital.

Celebrating its 25th anniversary as the first Disneyland outside the US, the resort is undergoing a major expansion this year.
It will have the first permanent Cirque du Soleil theatre in Japan, opening in October.
Unlike some other Disney parks overseas, Tokyo Disney Resort has been consistently successful, with trips to the complex almost a rite of passage for Japanese children.

Melanie
07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
This hotel is GORGEOUS! I couldn't believe how the colors just popped, especially the blue roof. :fingers: we get to stay there in February! :thumbsup:

Mufasa
07-17-2008, 10:37 PM
This hotel is GORGEOUS! I couldn't believe how the colors just popped, especially the blue roof. :fingers: we get to stay there in February! :thumbsup:

Wait until you see the interior of the hotel... the lobby is breathtaking, and Melanie, I'm sure you'll really like the fountain they have at the hotel in the Fantasia Court- which is technically outside of the 3rd floor of the hotel (since it features Sorcerer Mickey).

The grounds of the hotel are wonderfully themed- everything from gardens featuring Disney character topiaries to an Alice in Wonderland themed garden and a nice Peter Pan themed swimming pool (featuring both skull rock and a fountain themed to Tick-Tock).

The hotel is the most Disney feeling of the hotels at the resort- you're constantly finding various details throughout the hotel from a lobby mosaic featuring Alice in Wonderland, to paintings of things like Cinderella hanging on the hallway walls.

The rooms continue the details in areas like the wallpaper and details in the headboards on the beds- but the themes are not overwhelming. Some very nice amenities in the rooms too (again, featuring Sorcerer Mickey on them).

The restaurants are wonderful- Sherwood Gardens is an impressive buffet/lounge selection (I'd say more extensive than the selection at say the Bella Vista Lounge in the MiraCosta) and Canna is the fine dining restaurant which is stunning, but very expensive- they have both an a la carte menu and a fixed price menu available but it may be one of the more expensive selections at the resort. At opening they were offering I think a 6 course dinner menu starting around 7,500 yen.

The shops in the hotel are also very nice- Looking Glass Gifts offers a very nice selection of drinks and snacks right in the store which is nice for the Tokyo resort since at some of the hotels it can be a challenge to find options to grab a quick drink or snack).

The guest rooms are not quite as expensive as the article would suggest (seems the article is quoting a price $100 more than the cheapest value season room). Although the regular season typical rooms probably average about $380 a night mid-week, up to $450 or so weekend rates.

Personally, I'm still blown away by the MiraCosta and rate that as my favorite Disney hotel in how the theming and details transport you from the resort and you can't beat opening your window into a view of DisneySea, but the new Tokyo Disneyland hotel also has some impressive views of the resort, and a good portion of the rooms are situated so they have excellent views of Tokyo Disneyland park.

Carol
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
we get to stay there in February! :thumbsup::joy:

Crow
07-18-2008, 12:02 AM
somebody sponsor me! Ill go check it out:photo: