PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass At PoTC?

atnextc
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
This just occured to me today there is not a Fast Pass option at Pirates? Who here thinks that there should be one...or like most people think that its only busy during certain times of the day and not all day? :)

Jasper
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Put me in the category of those who don't think it is needed. We have never really seen much of a wait to get on POTC and with the way it loads I don't foresee that this will ever change much.

Eeyore's Pal
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for POTC.

Eeyore3138
07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
The only time I had to wait on a substantial line was the summer that Pirates opened after the refurb. There was actually a winding line outside, which I had never seen before and haven't seen since. My rule on FP is to get one only if the line is more than 20 mins, otherwise, I'll just wait and most of the time, it's less than that.

FP not necessary in my opinion.

Polynesian Dweller
07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I'll go in the not needed side. Even when the lines looked long they move quickly enough and if you take the left line there is so much detail in the line its worth taking a little time to walk through.

dixielandings
07-17-2008, 05:13 PM
We have a 15-20 rule on FP as well. I think the boats are so big on POTC and the ride can accomodate so many people that FP is just not necessary. Certainly not enough to justify the expense.

KAJUNKING
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
i agree it is not needed, the little wait there is a nice time to cool off before getting on the ride

jennsky
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't think it's needed either. They seem to keep the line constantly moving so the wait doesn't ever seem that long. Besides...it's nice and cool in there when it's baking hot outside. It's kinda nice to stand in line for a few minutes to cool down!! :number1:

GrmGrninGost
07-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Another vote for not needed. Even during very busy times, the line is seldom longer than 15 minutes. Even when it was winding around outside on our last trip, we were on in just over 20 minutes. I've stood in a fast pass line at Space Mtn. for longer than that!

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Add me to the "not needed" side. :mickey: It's definitely a line that moves quickly, and it's a nice, cool area to wait.

TheRustyScupper
07-18-2008, 07:39 AM
1) Put me on the "NO" side of POTC Fast Pass.
2) They tried it once. *
3) It really didn't help that much.

* Four years ago, there was an edict that all parks will have at least four (4) Fast Pass attractions. It was also advised that parks place Fast Pass where ever they could. Some bad choices came about. POTC was one of them.

Main Street Jim
07-18-2008, 08:35 AM
We were at the park yesterday, and the line for PotC was out the doors. We were in line a grand total of....*drum roll*....9 minutes. Both sides of the queue were full and out the doors; we actually got in line about 12 people back from the opening.

PotC has a very high capacity when both sides are loading and all boats are running.

Wayne
07-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Definitely not needed.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-18-2008, 10:14 AM
They used to have this at DL but got rid of it because there really is no need. The ride is a continual loader meaning it never really stops (only long enough to unload/load). When the lines get long there are more boats that can be added. Even when crowed (and even after the updates) I've never seen a line at DL more then 30 minutes long. I am guessing the WDW version is no different. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-18-2008, 10:27 AM
:confused: I could have sworn it was a FP attraction, but we found last trip the lines for POTC and HM were never more than 20 minutes...

TINKERBELL_82
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Aww, I love the que for POTC! Even if there was a FP, I might just wait in the regular to enjoy it...and the AC!:D

Main Street Jim
07-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Disney WORLD'S PotC has never had FastPass. DisneyLAND's did at one time, like our (Florida's) Haunted Mansion HAD FastPass, but it wasn't really needed. It's not really needed at PotC; it loads quickly.

It is, however, certainly busier at certain times throughout the day than others.

irish1967
07-19-2008, 09:32 PM
We were there earlier this week ---

We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for the ride - after we decided to skip Space Mountain due to a 60+ minute wait. We often ride POTC when we have 10-20 minutes of "dead time" while waiting for a fast pass to become valid.

FastPass definitely not needed for this attraction!

CU Tiger
07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
I say it does not need a FP. It is one of the few rides you wait in the air-conditioning and cool down during a hot day. Besides, the line moves fairly well. :mickey:

bruin1344
07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
the only time ive ever waited more than 15 minutes was last spring when POTC movie came out, other than that, i usually walk on the ride, i dont mind the wait on the ride because of the A/C

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
an outstanding NO!!! Fast Pass is great but it has ruined some rides...like Peter Pan

Mickey91
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Well I don't see where fast pass has ruined lines, but it is not needed at POTC. It moves pretty quick when they use both lines.