PDA

View Full Version : Poly Room Request

rookie
07-17-2008, 03:33 PM
What do you suggest for our November trip and first time Poly stay with 2 adults and kids 9,7,2?
I've narrowed it down between Samoa and Tokelau for convenience or Rapa and Tahiti for room size and quiet. What do all you Poly experts suggest?
Thanks for your help!:number1:

Polynesian Dweller
07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
My sense of the Poly is that the breakdown doesn't quite work that way. Despite how it may look, the Poly is not as spread out as it may appear. Its actually a pretty compact space.

Its also pretty quiet everywhere except near Luau cove where i the Aloha dinner show takes place. That can be loud until the show is over.

Tokelau and Tahiti are probably the two best choices, short of the Hawaii club level building. They both are newer with larger rooms and even Tahiti is less than 5 minutes to the GCH. If you want garden then I'd take Tokelau but if you can go for the MK view then Tahiti is a great choice.

rookie
07-17-2008, 04:40 PM
we are going the garden route. the map can be deceiving:blush:

BelleCiavo
07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Tokelau has the bigger rooms too.

Polynesian Dweller
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
we are going the garden route. the map can be deceiving:blush:

Then Tokelau for sure. It is a great building and its easy to get to the beach to watch Wishes. The rooms are the largest and you can get some rooms with views of the water. You'll have a great time there, absolutely guaranteed.:mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I love Tahiti! Great walk-way which I like to call 'Lizard Lane'

SBETigg
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Rarotonga would be my choice, right by the GCH, looking over the quiet pool, and not a long walk to the beach, the volcano pool, or the TTC. But from your choices, I think Samoa is the best choice.

KarenP
07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I like Samoa and Tokelau.

mickeefan
07-17-2008, 06:58 PM
We always preferred Samoa. On one side is the quiet pool and on the other is the volcano pool.
It's a very short walk to the GCH. It only takes a couple of minutes to walk down to the beach to watch the fireworks.
Just remember, if this is important, that the second floor does not have a balcony.

Jen C.
07-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Good luck with whatever your request at the Poly. During our stays there, our requests for specific buildings have never been met.:) Not even requests as broad as Samoa, Tokelau or Raratonga~any floor.:confused:

We've still had a fabulous time though! I just wouldn't worry too much about the request, because you'll have a great time wherever they put you.

DisneyorBust
07-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I would request the Tokelau Longhouse based on the number of folks in your party, the larger room size and it's proximity to the GCH and both pools.
I agree with Polynesian Dweller that the Polynesian is not near as spread out as some folks believe. Have a great time and let us know where you end up!

EpScott
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I highly recommend Tokelau. We were there the 2nd week of January and I called the Polynesian directly 3 days before arrival and requested a 3rd floor room in Tokelau. We face the quiet pool and on the right side of our balcony we could clearly see the castle. It was perfect, and we only paid for the standard view room. Can't go wrong with Tokelau.

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Great thread with great advice!

We have only stayed at the Poly once before and we were in the Tuvalu building, garden side, first floor.

I put in my requests with a friend that works in WDW a few months ago. We are staying at the Poly in 19 days! I can't wait to see where we end up!

Make sure you let us know how your trip was when you return.