PDA

View Full Version : Can Disney Rewards be used as Tips on Dining?

LeeAnn
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Will be on the Dining Plan, I'm wondering if I can use the Disney Rewards (from the Visa Card) for the tips @ the listed restuarants?

I have never redeemed my rewards. How do I go about doing this? I leave in 40 days do I have enough time?

Also, what is it that I get? A card? Disney Money? In what demoniation? Is there an expiration date, if I don't use it once I get it?

Also, can I use to purchase a refillable mus @ Everything Pop?

Thanks.

mdhiggin
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
You need to call the number on the back of your Visa card now and ask them to send you a rewards card. It takes a couple of weeks for you to receive it in the mail. It works just like a credit card at Disney. It will expire 12/09 if you get one now. I just got my new one. I know you can use it at Disney restaurants, so I don't see a problem with you using it for tips or anything at Disney, for that matter. I've even used it at the snack stands. You have to put 10 reward dollars on your card to have it sent. They expire with the card on 12/09. You can put points on your card, after you have it, with just a phone call. It's instant. No waiting. I don't usually put all my points on my reward card until I leave in case my trip falls through, and they all expire with the card. I'm going to use my card for some of my reservation instead of taking it to the park. It's just one less thing to keep up with.

WishingStar2006
07-17-2008, 02:34 PM
You can also order your Disney Reward Card online at the Disney VISA site. You can transfer points there too...once you have the rewards card, transferring points on the internet is 'instant".

Have fun!

Itchy
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Last February I went to customer service at Downtown Disney and got my Rewards card there. The card is issued with proof of I.D. and your card. You will then call an 800 number at one of there phones or at your hotel room or cell phone and provide them with some information and Wham. You now have your disney rewards card which works just like a gift card.

Once you have the card you can go to the Chase web site and log into you account and transfer rewards as well as long as the card has not expired. Remember if you do not use the rewards on the card before it expires you lose them.

Have a happy vacation.:mickey:

Zimkeeper
07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I think your initial transfer has to be $20. And I know for sure that you can use the card for tips because we did just that on our last trip with the DDP. I don't remember anything that we purchased that we could not use the card for. And if you use it at the Disney store in DTD you get a 10% discount.
Have a great time.

disneykid99
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I did not think to use are card for tips. :thumbsup: I think this is a great idea. I am wondering if the CM's still get the full tip amount if you use the reward card. Anyone know?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2008, 05:36 PM
:) I just got mine....it looks like a credit card. I plan to use mine for breakfast at Kona, but I'm not sure if you can put tips on it.

Zimkeeper
07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
We did use our Rewards Card last January for tips. We just gave our Rewards card to the CM at the same time as our DDP card/ Room Key and they brought back two seperate receipts. The CMs were very happy to do this and I don't have any reason to believe they were not getting their full tip.

DisneyDoug2
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
We went to WDW in January and stayed on site with the DDP. We charged all our tips to our room key and just before we checked out we paid down the bill with our reward points. It was pretty easy and we only had to carry our room key.

TheRustyScupper
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Can Disney Rewards be used as Tips on Dining?

Yes.