PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon trip

Tina3176
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I just got engaged on July 4th. We have already planned our wedding and honeymoon. It is the second time for us both, so no big huge planning was involved! Anyway, we are going to WDW for the honeymoon. We just went in May with our kids, and I have been several times before that. But neither of us has ever been (as an adult) without the kids. We want to do everything new and different. Our budget is not huge, but we are doing the Dining Plan. We are thinking of using 2 dinners a piece to go to California Grill, and just having counter service at MK to offset. As far as Epcot goes, we want to go somewhere new to us both, which eliminates Le Cellier and Tutti Italia.We are wavering between Marrakesh and San Angel Inn. What are your thoughts? We want romance, but also good food. For dinner at Studios, we are thinking of Mama Melrose. We have been to Sci Fi and to Prime Time, plus we want a more adult experience.

I guess I should say we have chosen to save money by not getting the park hopper tickets and we are only staying 5 days.

I am open to suggestions, and in fact looking for them!

Kairi_7378
07-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Congratulations on your engagement!

My husband and I love the CA Grill. At Epcot, I'd recommend Marrakesh over San Angel Inn. At the Studios, we enjoy the Brown Derby but don't think it's a great deal for 2 credits. We're not Sci Fi fans. I think you can easily split a meal or two on the dining plan to make up for using 2 TS credits at the CA Grill.

Have you considered any of the other resort dining? Artist's Point is a nice, quiet restaurant with good food. Other good places to try in the MK area would be Kona Cafe or the Grand Floridian Cafe. Near Epcot, there is Flying Fish which gets some great reviews here.

wendy*darling
07-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Congratulations!

We also love the CA Grill- I think it's a great choice for a special honeymoon dinner. :thumbsup:

We like both San Angel and Marrakesh- either would be fine. Both have good food and both have a nice atmosphere.
Another idea for a more adult experience might be Chefs de France. It's not as intimate as the other 2 can be, but we like the food and the atmosphere there as well.
I would also suggest Coral Reef for a really unique atmosphere!

If you don't mind leaving the parks for dinner, you might try Spoodles at the Boardwalk. It's an easy boat ride or walk from either Hollywood Studios or Epcot.
Even if you don't have park hoppers, you can still leave and return to the same park on the same day.

Tina3176
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
After looking at the menus more closely, and reading some threads I found with "romantic" in the topic line, I think I have got a plan! We are going to try Narcooses instead of California Grill. We settled on Marrakesh, and we are sticking with Mama Melrose. I love pasta! Y'all I am so excited I could spit! :mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
07-18-2008, 05:11 PM
:congrats: I have not eaten at Narcoossee's, but a friend of mine has and really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere! I really hope you have a great time on your honeymoon!!:mickey:

poohshoneybeejr
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
This might be a little late but I hope not! First, congrats on your engagement! My DH, DS (15 months at the time) and I ate at Narcoose's in November. We were celebrating our 3rd anniversary and we loved it. It was a very quaint place on the water. It was quiet and the ambience was romantic (even with a 1 yr old :mickey:)

The food was awesome. The Surf and Turf was excellent! Anyway, I've been posting for suggestions to restaurants on here and people have been so helpful so I thought I'd return the favor! Have a great honeymoon!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
09-07-2008, 02:10 PM
You'll love Narcoosee's! We're going back for our big 30th anniversary dinner soon! Try to get in when they open on a night where you can see Wishes at an early time. Ask to sit by the windows--they actually pipe the music in, and it's awesome! Congratulations!!:bride::groom: