PDA

View Full Version : Crown Plaza Main in Philadephia

terri110874
07-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Has any one stayed here? I won a trip to Sesame Place and I just got all the info last night. This is the hotel they picked.

In this trip I dont get a rental car to get around. So I have to pay for that. According to website I have to pay $33 a day for parking.
Does anyone know is there a cheaper option to park a rental car in the area?

Also is there a cafe or something in this hotel? If yes how is the food? I was informed breakfast was included however the hotel stated that it would $15 per person.

Last question....Does any one think since its 4 of us going and its $60 for breakfast and $33 per day for parking I should check around for a cheaper hotel outside of the city with breakfast included?

I am trying to find the least expenise way to do this trip since money is soooo tight right now.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

BelleCiavo
07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
There is a very nice hotel right across the street from Sesame Place, the Sheraton Bucks County. Shuttle offered, no parking fee. $33 for parking, yikes! There are a few other hotels in Langhorne that offer shuttles, Marriott and Holiday Inn.

Kairi_7378
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Are you talking about the Crowne Plaza on the Main Line? I don't think that that location would be very convenient for Sesame Place (although there are some GREAT restaurants on the Main Line.) I know that there are several hotels near Sesame Place, including a Holiday Inn if you are trying to stay within that particular chain of hotels. I think Belle's suggestion is a good one. You might be able to park in the Oxford Valley Mall parking lot but you might have a hike to get to Sesame Place from there, as their parking lot is also sizable. Are you thinking of bringing your own food to the park? I find that it is convenient to bring your own lunch to Sesame Place and keep it in a cooler in your car. Cheaper and better than park food IMO.

Mad About Mickey
07-18-2008, 06:00 AM
:congrats:
We have not stayed near the park so I don't have any hotel information, but I wanted to add to Kairi's points. It is a 15 minute walk from the mall parking lot, parking at Sesame Place is 13.00 (15.00 prefered). The food is expensive in the park but the kids meals do come inside plastic Elmo heads, kinda creepy watching the kids crack open Elmo's bean and eat out of it, though DD 11 got a nice salad and strawberries as her meal. If you don't mind walking there is a Red Robin just past the park on the way to the mall, maye a 5 minute walk. Good burgers and chicken and they have bar service :marg:. Very little shade so if you go in the summer bring sun screen and bathing suit. Nice little park, easy to do in a day, our kids, DD11, DS 5, DD 2 enjoyed going. You should have a great time, congratulations on winning the trip.
:congrats:

DisneyDog
08-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Did you ever go on your trip? I was wondering how it all worked out.

terri110874
08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Going Aug 21-23 Cant wait!!!!