PDA

View Full Version : World of Color TESTING Photos!

MegaDisney
07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Found some pictures of testing of the new World Of Color show at DCA!

Enjoy!

Mirage Water Works (http://www.miragewaterworks.com/peacock/001.htm)

NotaGeek
07-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey Bryant -- when World of Color supposed to premier?

MegaDisney
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Next Summer!

Mufasa
07-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Don't mean to disappoint you MegaDisney, but those are not pictures of World of Color testing (in fact, I don't even think those pictures are even that recent).

The water effects planned for the show are extensive and much more than just peacock style projection fountains (though I should also point out there are improvements over the technology used in Fantasmic particularly in the clarity of the projected images which should work it's way into Fantasmic).

Also, I wouldn't expect World of Color to be opening next summer- there's still a lot to be done in Paradise Pier to prep the area for the show opening. There's a huge amount of prep work just to install the effects for this show and prep that new 9,000 seat viewing area on the pier for the new show- essentially requiring completely draining PP so it's going to take a while (did I mention this show is pretty expensive, er... expansive?)

MegaDisney
07-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the information Mufasa!

I assumed it was World of Color. I wonder what those pics are of? Maybe testing for Luminaria.

MegaDisney
07-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Did a little digging and I guess this was temporary stuff set up for 4th of July, 2007.

Sorry to get everyones hopes up, I will do some more research before posting next time!