PDA

View Full Version : Por Bus Service?

KAJUNKING
07-16-2008, 06:56 PM
we will be driving to disney at the end of august, we will be staying @ por in the bayou section, i have heard good and bad things about the bus service, we are driving so should i plan on driving to the parks everyday? any help planning this would be great

PetefromRI
07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
We stayed at RS once and the busses weren't to bad.When we stayed at the FQ they were much better.It's hard to say because we go during different times of the year but since your driving,if it gets crazy on the busses you could always drive to the parks.I know when we go,once I get to the airport I'm done driving for the week.You'll love the resort!

tink2006
07-16-2008, 09:26 PM
We have stayed at POR many times. It is one of our favorite resorts. I have also heard several comments about the bus service. I am very impatient :blush: and have never felt that the bus servive is slow. We have never driven to the parks but I can't imagine that it would be any faster, once you figure parking, taking the tram or walking etc. Keep in mind that if you feel like you can make the commute to the parks a little quicker, you always have a car.

Enjoy POR and do not forget the boat ride to DTD

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
We've stayed at POR, and the busses were just fine!

We always have a car at Disney, but have never driven to the parks when we stay on-site! We used the south (main) bus stop, and didn't have a problem getting a seat, or anything. Coming home the busses did go to FQ first, but it only took a minute or two. The line would seem long at the park to come "home", but it moved quickly, and there were lots of busses arriving to get us going as quickly as possible.

We did take the car to go to dinner at other resorts, and HDD, but otherwise, we enjoyed the vacation from driving :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
07-17-2008, 10:27 AM
thanks for the helpful answers to my question, what about the walk from the room to the bus stop we will be in the bayou section because we need a room with a trundle bed, from looking at the maps it looks like we may have some long walks to get to the parks?

#1donaldfan
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
We've never had a problem with the busses at POR....your walks from your room to the depot's will be very mininal....there are 4 at the Riverside section and one at the FQ section....you should not have a problem....:mickey:

garymacd
07-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I have never found the bus service to be bad at either PO resorts.

Having said this, the only bad thing I can say is it seems the days we go to Epcot, everyone at both PO resorts must decide to go to Epcot as well, and stay to the end of the day. It is the only bus stop that is full for ever at that time. Not just full, but it usually takes us about 3 or 4 buses to get on. Why? I don't know! It's just weird!

EmmMOM2
07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
We stayed at POR right after 9/11 when they shut down POFQ and were only running riverside, due to VERY low attendance with the tragedy and all.

Anyhow we still had to wait for a bus and almost never got a seat (had to stand) so I havn't gone back to this resort since having children.

I didnt mind waiting for the bus when it was just us adults cause i'm in no rush on vacation. But with two little ones and strollers in tow now i like to get a seat.

Just my experience and it was awhile ago..