View Full Version : Mel's Trip Report #4

JMTStone
07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Cast:

DH 48
Me 38
DD 15
DD 6

We did the Brown Derby/Fantasmic Package one evening. DH and DD15 had the steak. I chose the seared Tuna. I didn't realize this piece of tuna would be so huge. I wasn't crazy about all of that raw tuna. I like my sushi in smaller doses I guess. I ended up eating some of DD15's steak. We had a special martini that had pineapple juice in it. Yummy. I'm a fruity drinker. Desert was this pretty grapefruit cake. DD15 had the Year of a million dreams chocolate and berries desert. I had the creme brulee. I liked the chocolate better but DH was raving about the grapefruit cake. I decided to go for it and tried some. It wasn't sour at all. It was light and fruity. We like to get different things and try each other's deserts. It makes it a lot of fun.

We liked being able to walk in and get good seats at Fantasmic. We were able to relax after dinner. Its our DD6's favorite show. She's seen it so many times she told me the snake part was different. I couldn't tell.

More to come, guys. Our anniversary dinner AND Mel's blubbering "magical moments"... wich leads me to....

You can see my profile has changed. DH and I have decided to do a couple trip for his birthday in November. I travel quite a bit for work and was able to get two free plane tickets with my miles. I can't take the girls out of school too much (May 2009 WDW/DCL trip) so they'll be staying with family. Magical Journeys helped me with the room (out of DVC points - trying POFQ). (Thanks Denise!) Our annual passes will still be good. That's three trips on our annual passes, worth the money! Romantic trip for two during the Wine and Food festival for just the price of the room and dining plan!

#1disneyfan
07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a great day! We like to share desserts also.

How great that you and your DH will get to do a couple's trip! Don't forget to post your trip reports!

faline
07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Brown Derby is a great choice for a pre-Fantasmic dinner!

wdwgrl377
07-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Great day! Thanks! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a great day, and a great plan for your couple's trip! I will be anxious to hear about it when you return :)

Lizzie
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
MMM sounds yummy.

pdrlkr
07-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing. We are thinking about Brown Derby....I'm a little nervous.:mickey: