PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hopping

Nurse Kim
07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Do you have to be a DVC member to pool hop? We were wanting to try one of the other resort pools but don't want to do it if it's against the rules. I know the two Port Orleans can as well as the Value resorts but can we go to others.

MomOfAPrincess502
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I believe any other pool hopping is only allowed by DVC members.

CleveSJM
07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Pool hopping is against the rules for regular resort guests. Only allowed for the DVCers.

Even at the Value resorts you are not supposed to pool hop unless your main pool in closed. And POPs are never supposed to go to All Stars and vice versa.

It's a good rule. It stops some pools from getting too crowded.

medic9016
07-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Even at the Value resorts you are not supposed to pool hop unless your main pool in closed. And POPs are never supposed to go to All Stars and vice versa.

You can hop between pools at the value resorts and the Port Orleans resorts. I ask during check-in the last time we stayed at the Value resorts.

Nurse Kim
07-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Thank you all for your help.

TammiMcMan
07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Just to clarify, there are some resorts that are considered "sister" resorts. For example, if you are staying at the AllStars, you can go to any AllStar pool. POR and POFQ share pools with each other and obviously the YC/BC share their pools.

dizknee531
07-16-2008, 10:32 PM
we were asked at the Contemporary. it was very crowded and they checked them a few times.

CleveSJM
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
You can hop between pools at the value resorts and the Port Orleans resorts. I ask during check-in the last time we stayed at the Value resorts.

Cool! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update. I wonder if that is a newer policy or if I just had a bad CM :thedolls: when I was at ASMovies last time. They told us no.

Just another reason we like Pop Century better than All Stars.

ThanxForNoticin
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Another clarification - DVC members are the only resort guests who can pool-hop, but even they have restrictions. There is no pool-hopping to Stormalong Bay (BC/YC pool) or the AKL pool - you can only swim there if you stay there. There are also times during the year when pool-hopping is completely forbidden - during the busiest times when the pools are likely to be filled with guests of that particular resort.