PDA

View Full Version : Bummed, had to cancel trip

wilcat
07-16-2008, 12:47 PM
DH got a new job and they won't let him have any time off in December :mad:when we had our trip planned. I had to have Karen at MJ cancel our trip this morning. I am really upset because this was my Christmas present and now I am so depressed.:crying: I already bought tickets for MVMCP so that money is lost and I have to cancel my ADR at Le Cellier. We probably won't go next year either as DH has other plans for then. Some day I may get back but I doubt it will be real soon.:sad:

Lorraine444
07-16-2008, 01:34 PM
That's sad....:sad:

Don't worry Disney is not closing.

kbean
07-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Too bad, maybe you sell the tix. If my job wasn't so iffy with time on in dec(post office) I would take them off your hands. To his boss, can't he be like....But it's disney and I really really wanna go.

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Our friends who were going to join us for our trip just had to cancell today too. We'll probably just have to hand off their MVMCP tickets to somebody waiting in line to buy them when we go.

Want me to send you a Christmas Party map or pin or something? :mickey:

Keep your head up... save the money you were planning on spending and add a few upgrades to the next trip!

disneycutie165
07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry! I know how it is. last year we were trying to save money for it but too many things kept popping up. Dentist, car troubles, eye doctor, etc. Is there anything worse than hearing the words "YOU CAN'T GO TO DISNEY!!!???" as my friend would say, the :thedolls:'s up to something.

brian2000boston
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Too bad he could'nt make it part of his hiring, getting time off. I have done that everytime! They usually go for it. Too bad you dont have someone else to go with or even go solo. Well maybe this will make your next trip extra special!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
:sad: That's too bad, I would be devasted if we had to cancel ours.....I hope its a least a really good job to make up for it.

Tinkerfreak
07-17-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm so sorry you had to cancel. We might have to cancel our Nov. trip if we can't find cheaper airfare. We live too far away to drive or we would do that. I hope that you cheer up soon and hopefully you can get to Disney soon.

mrsgaribaldi
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry. I know how sad you are. I hope you get to go soon.

Jeri Lynn
07-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. Did you consider going with a friend or family member?

I go with my sister every year and love our sister trips.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm so sorry that you had to cancel. It's always best to tell them during the interview process that you have a trip planned rather than wait until after they offer you the job. Unless of course the job is more important.

buzznwoodysmom
07-21-2008, 09:03 AM
First of all I am so sorry that you have to cancel your trip. We all know how devastating it must be. I hope you are able to go back sooner than you think.

You should try contacting Disney about the MVMCP tickets. Explain your situation and they may give you a refund on the tickets. We had tickets in 2004 and due to DH's military training he couldn't arrive at WDW until 2 days after the rest of us. We had tickets for our 2nd night there. I contacted Disney and they gave me a refund on his ticket. It never hurts to try. And if the first CM tells you they can't, maybe try calling back a few times or ask to speak to a supervisor. It's definitely worth a try.