PDA

View Full Version : radio station online contest: PLEASE HELP!

Minnie Imagineer
07-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Ok, I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this question, but I need major help!!!
So everyday for the past 3 months or so, I have been entering online on a radio stations web site for a contest. The contest is to win tickets to something the end of auguest.
How do I know when the contest ends?
How do I know if I've won?
The web site does not explain anything.
I tried calling, but they are always super busy with people calling in to talk on the radio. And they don't have any email addresses.

Can you please help me?? I am very frustrated right now...

by the way: the radio station is Q102 Philly
If you could spend just a minute or so on their website, you would be doing me a major favor

Thank you SO much!

DisneyDog
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
It says you would be notified by phone if you won. Which contest were you referring to? I just took a quick look and there are multiple contests going on. But it does say at the top "Online contest winners are notified by phone by the Q102 Promotions Dept.
All prizes are picked up at our offices."

I'm more of a WMGK-type gal myself :)

Minnie Imagineer
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I just went on the web site and read that! thank you! I just changed my info so it would call my cell instead of home just incase-it would be horrible if they called and I didn't pick up!
I was refering to the Jonas Brothers contest!! (of course!)
I don't really like the station-a little too much hip-hop but I always enter the online contest!
Thank you again!

ps-do you think the contest would end about a week before the show? the day before? the month before?

PirateLover
07-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I would say the contest would have to end at least a few days before the show to allow people time to arrange the pickup.
That website is really horrible.

J9
07-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree, that is the absolute worst website!!! it doesn't tell you anything!!!!

Also, I am more of a PST listener, myself!

Minnie Imagineer
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I agree, that is the absolute worst website!!! it doesn't tell you anything!!!!

Also, I am more of a PST listener, myself!

ooo I love PST! I don't listen to it all the time though. This spring, they were giving away tickets around 6am for a Jonas Brothers concert so I was listening from 5-6 to call in at the exact time they said they were giving them away. When they said that you could call in to win, I was expecting them to say the phone # for the station but they never said it! You should have seen me-I was like a mad-man on the computer trying to find the phone #! And I found out that there were about 5 different #s!! So sadly I didn't win :( and I was listening early morning for nothing....this is why I resorted to online contests!
And I totally agree-the website is horrible!