PDA

View Full Version : 100 lane bowling center

WDWFanatic
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I came across this on AOL. If it's already been posted sorry!

Disney Pins Hopes on New Bowling Mega-Center--and Announces Christmas in July

Friday July 11, 2008

The world of sports will be a little wider in early 2010, when Walt Disney World will open a 100-lane bowling center. According to the Orlando Sentinel, the Florida resort had been kicking around plans to bring ten-pin fun to its guests for awhile. In 2011, Walt Disney World will host the United States Bowling Congress Open Championships, a massive tournament that will bring 80,000 bowlers to the as-yet unnamed facility. (How about Donald's Duckpins?) The bowling center will be part of Disney's Wide World of Sports, a 220-acre complex that includes a baseball stadium, a track and field area, soccer fields, and other venues that present amateur and professional events.

Speaking of Disney, guests my be drenched in sweat from the midsummer's heat while waiting in line at the parks, but the WDW Mouseketeers are already thinking about the winter holidays. The centerpiece Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom, which in the past has been adorned to resemble an icky pink cake among other personas, will get another makeover this November when it transforms into an ice castle of sorts. With the addition of jewel-like crystals, the castle will become the focal point of a nightly holiday-themed light show. Disney celebrates the holidays in other ways, including themed parades, a candlelight processional at Epcot, and The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Maybe the new bowling center could add green and red pins during the holidays.

TinkRocks
07-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Bowling will add to the list of things to do in the evenings at WDW. Should be interesting...

DizNee143
07-16-2008, 03:00 PM
that would be extremely awesom if they got a bowling alley!! i would def go and play!! :mickey:

JPL
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
While not a big fan of going bowling myself when I'm not at WDW. I can't see myself going bowling at WDW with so many other unique things to do there. This bowling center is being built to increase the revenue stream at Wide World of Sports so they can host bowling tournaments. I highly doubt it will be attended much by regular guests.

Minnie Imagineer
07-16-2008, 05:09 PM
that would be really cool!
:bowl:

big blue and hairy
07-16-2008, 05:10 PM
This bowling center is being built to increase the revenue stream at Wide World of Sports so they can host bowling tournaments. I highly doubt it will be attended much by regular guests.

Precisely my dear Watson....:D

:sulley:

GrumpyFan
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
From the sounds of things, ESPN re-branding of Wide World of Sports, new Bowling Alley, Jostens sport center, that part of the resort is starting to become more of a destination. I wonder what (inf anything) else Disney and ESPN are planning to do to try and make it more of a destination for WDW visitors.

doombuggy
07-17-2008, 12:59 PM
We have a bowling VoluntEARS event every March, so it will certainly be more convient for those who have to go to work before or after! We heard about this awhile ago, but it sounds great!

:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 06:15 PM
sounds cool..its will definitely be swamped with CMs