PDA

View Full Version : Yummy Yummy in my Tummy! Advice Needed!

TINKERBELL_82
07-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, its that time of year again…time for Erika’s annual birthday trip! :mickey: I have been taking her to Disney World every year since her15th birthday, and this year she’s turning 19! :party:(Time really does fly!).

Initially, we were going to drive up after work, arriving around 7:30, and have an 8:30 adr at San Angel for Erika’s birthday dinner, followed by EMH’s at Epcot. Today, DH surprised me by telling me he took the whole day off so he and I can drive up early Friday morning, and spend the day by ourselves until Erika and her friend arrive that evening.:D He is going to be traveling with work for the next month :(, and this will be the first weekend he’ll be home.

Now here is where I need some advice. I would like to plan a nice lunch with DH to celebrate our reunion. :cloud9: I’m just really torn on where! :confused:We are AP holders, so it can be pretty much any restaurant on property. Preferably, we would like to eat somewhere they accept the DDE, as I’m signing up this week and I’d like to take full advantage.

Where is your favorite place to have TS lunch? Any thoughts on the Wave? Like I said,
I’m open for anything, so just bring on the suggestions so I can make this ADR!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!

GrumpyFan
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Are you looking for something festive and fun, or more quiet and laid back? Or something else?

The first thing that came to mind was Whispering Canyon, but that can get wild and noisy. You might consider Kona Cafe at Poly, it's quiet and has really good food.

Kairi_7378
07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm guessing that you're going to want somewhere quiet and relaxing after being apart for so long! Kona Cafe is a good suggestion. I think the Grand Floridian Cafe would be a nice place to eat as well. Another option would be one of the World Showcase restaurants... perhaps Japan would be the best option of those. Le Cellier is open for lunch but it may be hard to get in there at this late date.

wendy*darling
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I think The Wave sounds very interesting- and I have read many good reviews from people who have dined there. We have made ADRs for January. I'd say that would be a nice choice. :thumbsup:

As much as I love the World Showcase restaurants, I probably would pick something not in Epcot, since you will be there all evening.

I like the Kona suggestion.
I also like the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios if you are looking for somethng a bit more upscale and quiet.
Then after lunch, you could stroll along the Boardwalk together over to Epcot.

Have fun! :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Are you looking for something festive and fun, or more quiet and laid back? Or something else?

The first thing that came to mind was Whispering Canyon, but that can get wild and noisy. You might consider Kona Cafe at Poly, it's quiet and has really good food.

Actually, fun and festive is exactly what I was thinking!! We are celebrating not only DH's return, but our first trip to WDW in 11 months!!! :cheer:

I did look at Whispering Canyon, but it doesn;t look like they are open for lunch. :( I'm running into that problem with a lot of the resort restaurants (I originally wanted to go to Ohana).

Donald Duck 001
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
When I think of a fun place to eat the Rain Forest Cafe always comes to mind. They have great food and the atmosphere is way kewl. You can either go to Animal Kingdom or to the Donwtown Disney one. The only draw back is that they are not on any of the Disney Dinning Plans.

wendy*darling
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Unless they have had a recent change, Whispering Canyon is open for lunch. Call and see if you can get an ADR. :thumbsup:

50's Prime Time at the Studios is always fun too. :mickey:

'Ohana is not open for lunch. :(