PDA

View Full Version : Separate Flights

BigRedDad
07-16-2008, 07:26 AM
We are booked for a 5 day/5 night trip in November. There are a total of 8 of us going. Due to DW and DBIL being in education, they cannot leave until after 3:30PM on the Friday we go down. The only flight available is at 7:30PM. This is booked for all 8 of us. Since the flight won't land until 9:15PM at the earliest, this will get us to the resort around 11PM, assuming no delays. I was trying to come up with ideas to make it easier for all of us and I found one solution. It may sound selfish, it kind of is, but it would solve a few problems as well.

I am off the entire day on that Friday we are all flying out. I could move DD and my flight to 8:30AM and be at the resort around 11:30AM.

Benefits:
1. We would have one of the three rooms already registered.
2. My DW would only need to take a carryon since I would take her luggage with me earlier
3. My DNiece could be taken straight to bed once they get to the resort instead of waiting 20-30 minutes to register
4. I can have all of the necessary groceries delivered and in the room already
5. the savings in flight change can pay for the 6 of them to take a big limo from the airport to the resort.
6. DD would have a normal night's sleep before the first big day at the parks
7. And the selfish one, DD and I can have fun together at the resort or a park.

Now, how can I completely sell this plan to the DW? I mentioned it in casual conversation, but I am now seriously thinking about it.

merlinmagic4
07-16-2008, 07:52 AM
I think that sounds great! Why can't they take Magical Express to the resort?

disneymom15
07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Sounds like something I'd think up. I like the idea. I would also use DME instead of the limo, save the money and use it on a nice dinner.

momofdisneyprincess
07-16-2008, 09:46 AM
That sounds like a great idea! I was faced with the same dilemma but we are staying off property so we all had to take the same flight. Now we're not getting to FL until 6pm then have to grocery shop and all that good stuff. Traveling with a group is difficult. It is everyone's vacation and you're not going to make everyone happy. Sounds like you will be helping everyone out if you arrive earlier though. Good luck and remember it is your vacation too!:blush:

BigRedDad
07-16-2008, 10:48 AM
The reason for the limo is to get to the resort as quickly as possible. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. The plane is scheduled to land around 9:30PM. Based on the averages, this gets us there at about 11PM. By the time we are checked in and get to the room, it won't be until about 11:30AM. We have an 8AM breakfast ADR. I figured if the limo could shave off a bit of time, that would be anice perk for letting me go early.