PDA

View Full Version : Disney Crazy?

jonahbear2006
07-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Does anyone ever think you are crazy for living on this site? My husband hears www.disneyworld.com load and I get one of the three reactions;
1.*sigh*
2. SERIOUSLY
3. ((rolls his eyes)) then leaves the room

I bring up Disney now and most people will say, "oh here she goes again." And I know that I am not the only one that lives on this website, so I am wondering, am I the only one who is coined as the one who is disney crazy? Does the constant talk, research, interest, and love make people wonder what you are thinking? I just say, "I am keeping the magic alive."

Jeniflower
07-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Its not just you. people (particularly family) think my twin and I are bonkers because we are so Disney mad and know so much about it (thanks Intercot:rocks:)

But I just say, so what! it makes me happy and keeps me going. every body has something that they use to help them along their way and this is ours. If they can't accept another persons happy thoughts then I feel sorry for them.

Good for you, keep your dreams alive

gmgdisneymom
07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
when we got back from our trip in June, we were driving home from the airport and I asked "how many days until disney?" the reaction I got from my kids was "Mom we just got back!" I was already counting the days.

They were acting like I was the crazy one!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe we're all a little :crazy: but that's a support group for us:rocks:

disneycutie165
07-16-2008, 01:50 PM
It is so annoying because people just don't understand. My dad will go, but he only likes it like 1/4 of our 4/4. My boyfriend will not budge and says Disney is for people who just never had a good childhood!:( WHAT!!!!

But me and my mom think:rocks:

Wolf
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I do the same thing so don't worry. I get so happy when I see the YOAMD commercial on travel channel that I normally tear up. :blush: and I will only admit this to yall and my mom cause noone else gets me. My ex-(non disney BF) would just give me this scathing look everytime I squealed at getting disney mail or finding a new disney ringtone. Soo long story short I got rid of him! But yes love, you are far from alone. I read this forum everyday because sometimes the hope of a next trip or seeing the castle sparkle in WDW.com is all that gets me by. *sniffle* gets me all sentimental...:)

amd780
07-16-2008, 11:17 PM
You are definitely not alone! :mickey:

DH and I have no definite plans to go back, just a tentative idea of when we will go. It's not for at least another 18 months, but of course I have to bring it up daily! DH just sighs and rolls his eyes whenever I talk about it. He gets a kick out of my Disney-craziness. :silly:

On the other hand, I don't think some of my friends get it. One in particular just looks at me like :confused: !

:D

Young@Heart
07-17-2008, 02:29 AM
DH is very supportive, but I think DC (at least my teenage DS's) are getting sick of my Disney obsession. :blush:

Other than my family, I don't really talk about WDW that much. I know everyone will think I'm wacky. :blush: Although, last Feb, I found out a regular sub at our school shares my interest in Disney and also goes w/ her family every 1-2 years. It was nice to meet someone in the flesh who shares my love of all things Disney. :mickey:

Figment104
07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
You are most definitely not alone. My DH is not a nut like I am, but he understands and for the most part is a pretty good sport. I am pretty lucky since one of my best friends is almost as crazy about it as I am, she doesn't need to go quite as often as I do but she feels the itch and loves talking about it. We'd love to do a trip together some day but our vacationing styles are just so different (she's commando, no stop, and I'm relaxed and like to take my time and smell the roses) so I don't know if it'll ever work out but who knows. Plus My Dad loves to talk about it with me all the time and find out what new things I've learned that he may not know. I blame him for this obsession since when I was a kid he was the one who always wanted to go. :minnie:

jonahbear2006
07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Whew! I am not alone. That is great to know. We are so happy to know that,......you know me and the mouse in my pocket. Can't wait to go in Sept. but looks like my parents may come with us, not sure yet. Is it possible to still get things moving for them this close to time to go. I see they have a hotel deal going on, I would like them to stay at Old Key West. Is there a quick way to get them from here over to beach club? They kind of get it but they aren't as crazy as I am and my dad laughs at me and just shakes his head when I go on so seriously about it and he says I think disney is life. I said, yep the rest is just details.

I believe
07-18-2008, 12:07 AM
WHAT??? We are not crazy or addicts...
It's called MAGIC :magic: and we are fortunate enough to have fallen under the spell!:pixie: It's all those other people who are CRAZY:goof:

Vito
07-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Does anyone ever think you are crazy for living on this site? My husband hears www.disneyworld.com load and I get one of the three reactions;
1.*sigh*
2. SERIOUSLY
3. ((rolls his eyes)) then leaves the room

I bring up Disney now and most people will say, "oh here she goes again." And I know that I am not the only one that lives on this website, so I am wondering, am I the only one who is coined as the one who is disney crazy? Does the constant talk, research, interest, and love make people wonder what you are thinking? I just say, "I am keeping the magic alive."Awww, don't worry, as others have said, you're not alone.

I'm not married, but I've been lucky to have a very close friend who's as crazy about Disney as I am, so whenever I go Disney-wild she's there to talk about it with me and we've spent lots of time at DL together :D

I don't know if I could ever marry someone who wasn't a big Disney fan haha. I'd probably drive my wife nuts talking about all things Disney ;)

mrsgaribaldi
07-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Lucky for me DH is crazy for Disney too:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
DW and I both enjoy Disney immensely! We both spend a lot of time on Intercot. However, the guys at work are a different story! They give me a hard time ( in a fun way)! They ride me about Disney until they decide to take their families, then they come running to me for advice! Then it's my turn to give them a hard time! ( Plus some tips!) :mickey:

tink2006
07-18-2008, 10:09 AM
WHAT??? We are not crazy or addicts...
It's called MAGIC :magic: and we are fortunate enough to have fallen under the spell!:pixie: It's all those other people who are CRAZY:goof:

I agree!! Most people are very surprised when I mention I love everything Disney. I try not to talk about it too much when I am in the real world since not everybody understands us! My ds15 has accused me of being totally obssessed with Disney...yes, and proud of it :mickey::thumbsup::blush:

On our way back home from our last trip I was thinking ...when can we go back? I did not dare say this out loud ;) I think I will wait a couple of weeks before planning the nextr trip ;)

Soul_Power
07-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Ahh, the classic Disney addict problem! :mickey: I think you either get it or you don't. I, too, have a family full of people who don't get it but have to put up with me anyway. :laughing: It's good to know that you can come to INTERCOT and have a whole bunch of people who feel your pain!

poohbearfan
07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh, please I definitely know what you mean. I have finally come to grips that Disney is in my doggone veins!!! We went for a short quick trip in May because I won't be able to go again probably until after I graduate college in about 2 years or so. I have literally been depressed since we got back. How sad is that?!?!?

Unfortunately, I don't spend alot of time on the Disney boards because it depresses me even more. But, I am starting to realize that it might be better for me if I visit the boards more often and share my "pain" with other Disney fanatics. :mickey:

I know for a fact that I just light up whenever my husband brings up anything related to Disney or if anyone ever asks me about WDW.

Sad, but true!!!

Right there with ya pal!!:thumbsup:

VolMickey
07-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Ditto :thumbsup:

Not2Loud
07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I find Disney inspiring, magical, and it brings happiness to so many. DW loves Disney, but not to the level I do.

I recently have been studying Disney and Walt himself to try and understand more about it. You look at how far ahead of things Walt was in so many ways....if only Epcot the city would have been built!

Mousemates
07-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Fortunately all four of us are Disney-infected...so there is no "in-house" criticism in the Mousemates family.:thumbsup:

LizLovesDiz
07-28-2008, 09:58 PM
All of us Disney fans have something in common: We are all the same when it comes to our love of Disney and some people don't get it,but who really cares,it's not hurting anyone,right? I visit intercot a few times a day,and will continue as long as it stays a website!!! Thanks Intercot!!! :thumbsup: :mickey: