PDA

View Full Version : ASMo Advice during Princess Marathon Week***500th Post***

brewcrew26
07-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I think I've been on Intercot since '01, so it took 7 years to reach 500 but YAY!!! :party: DH thinks I'm crazy for how much I'm on this, but not so much that I got him to join now, too.

Well, we've decided (about 80% sure) that we're going to participate in the 5k Run during the Princess family run. Participants can get discounted rates at CBR (we just stayed there for our honeymoon), Polynesian, or ASMo.

DH would love to stay at Polynesian (and so would I), but given the current state of things and that we'll probably have to give a leg for a decently priced flight, I suggested we just try the All-Star resort once. We're very leery of it. I feel like we're being AS snobs and I don't want to be that way.

Can you please tell me what's good and what's bad about the resort. How is the bus sharing, the food court, check-in process, room size (are there connecting rooms -- my older brother might be coming along for his first trip since '01 and to cheer us on at the finish line), and any other stories that you might have from your stays would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for making my first 500 posts great! I can't wait to make it the next 500!!! :mickey:

sdewan
07-16-2008, 04:08 PM
My wife and I and our two kids (2 and 5) stayed at the All Star Movies for the WDW Marathon. A month earlier we had stayed at Saratoga Springs. The most striking difference we noticed was the bus service. After growing accustomed to waiting 10-20 minutes for a bus (to or from our resort), we were blown away by the fact that we never waited more than 5 minutes either way. As a matter of fact, we only waited 5 minutes once, on our way to BB from the resort. Most other times the bus was either waiting for us, or arrived shortly after we got to the bus stop. And we've stayed at numerous other WDW resorts with similar experiences to SSR, so we were very impressed with the excellent bus service of the All Star. Especially since it was only a long weekend for us and we wanted to see and do as much as possible, not including watching buses go past.

We loved the food court. It was very convenient and reasonably priced. They had special "boxed breakfasts" for the runners to purchase at 3AM before jumping on the bus to the race. I wish all WDW resorts would have a food court as a fast-food option.

As far as the room size goes, it is small. Not cramped small, but two adults & two children in two double beds does not making sleeping easy. Especially when trying to wake up at 3AM to go run 26 miles (my son kept me up most of the night kicking me in his sleep).

BelleCiavo
07-16-2008, 07:02 PM
I've stayed at ASMo 1 time. It was O.K. The food court was probably the best part. Check-in went great, no problems. We drove our rental car to the parks because, in September anyway, the buses weren't that great. You can't compare the Poly transportation options that's for sure. I'd say my biggest problem with it is that it felt crowded, even in September, but I'd stay again and be happy if that's all I could afford/wanted to spend.

Maybe your brother could stay in the same room with you at the Poly?