PDA

View Full Version : great movie ride

mel
07-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Has the great movie ride changed since the mgm name was dropped from disney studios?

chrisb26
07-15-2008, 10:03 PM
It's the same as it always has been :)

I rode it in May and it was the same which is good because its one of my favorites!

ibrowse17
07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Agreed! Same as it ever was:thumbsup:

JPL
07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I just rode it in June and the ride is exactly the same they did change some of the ending films a while back but other than that it remains untouched.

KAJUNKING
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
great movie ride is one of my favorites but i wish they could update some of the movies represented, why not make it "the great disney movies ride" ?

johnO
07-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd agree with some new movies being included in the ride. It's unfortunate that some parents don't familiarize their kids with the classics like Casablanca, singin in the rain etc...

KevMcNJ
07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I'd agree with some new movies being included in the ride. It's unfortunate that some parents don't familiarize their kids with the classics like Casablanca, singin in the rain etc...

it is lost on the Gen Y crowd. when we were @ WDW in January we were chatting with a very charming 20-something couple in line one night at another ride. We mentioned Great Movie ride and they were both not impressed cuz it was mostly old movies that neither of them had ever seen

Im thinking these days with a few exceptions, if it was filmed in black and white, anyone under 35 isnt even slowing down to see what its about

bruin1344
07-18-2008, 01:03 PM
this ride could use some updating, i feel the cast members have lost enthusiasm on that ride

Imagineer1981
07-18-2008, 05:40 PM
it is lost on the Gen Y crowd. when we were @ WDW in January we were chatting with a very charming 20-something couple in line one night at another ride. We mentioned Great Movie ride and they were both not impressed cuz it was mostly old movies that neither of them had ever seen

Im thinking these days with a few exceptions, if it was filmed in black and white, anyone under 35 isnt even slowing down to see what its about

I agree, certain scenes should remain, Wizard of Oz for example...but Alien and Tarzan are just wasted space. Alien scares kids and Tarzan just is too old for people my age (26) to relate to. It feels stale and needs to be updated...by the way, I don't remember the last time we got the western scene, always the gangster with bad jersey accents

Princess Maggie
07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Haven't seen the Western scene in quite some time.
I am on the fence if I believe if they should update or not. At first I say yes, however the first time I would ride with a new scene, I would also be the first person to complain on why they removed any old ones. :confused:

KevMcNJ
07-18-2008, 11:49 PM
always the gangster with bad jersey accents

what EXACTLY do you mean by bad NJ accents??

and before you answer please note my screen name LOL

Crow
07-18-2008, 11:56 PM
1 of my favs.....
but i agree w some rehab.
i can relate to the movies, since i used to manage a movie store. Casablanca is a fav for me. but what could they take out? & replace w what?

Kairi_7378
07-19-2008, 09:10 AM
I like the ride the way it is. I think it's great that there are older movies in there. I think it may encourage younger people to see some of the older, classic films. (Before they turn into cheesy remakes.) Okay, I'm not thrilled with the Alien sequence... but northing's perfect!

poohbearfan
07-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Ok, sorry to sound so completely stupid, but has the western scene where the bank blows up always been there?!?:confused:

All these years we have been going and we always saw the gangster scene, but in May we saw the western scene for the first time and I just thought they had finally changed it!

Silly me!!!;)

Vicki Mouse
07-19-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not a really big fan of the ride but think they could do some updates without changing too much. I do agree that they should have a similar ride for the Disney movies. It would be so cool to travel through all those animated scenes within an attraction. Imagine being surrounded by 3D animation like Philharmagic, but all around you on a moving ride!

LauraleeH
07-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm 20 and I'm addicted to old movies so I hope they don't change that! I think bringing in new movies would totally ruin it. Maybe they could make a similar ride with all new classics, but they just don't make movies like they used to.

I rode this last November for the first time and I was so hoping for an Audrey Hepburn movie. Pretty disappointing, but maybe they could add that. I know a lot of girls my age that LOVE Breakfast At Tiffany's, so they could relate to the ride and keep it classic.

Crow
07-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm 20 and I'm addicted to old movies so I hope they don't change that! I think bringing in new movies would totally ruin it. Maybe they could make a similar ride with all new classics, but they just don't make movies like they used to.

I rode this last November for the first time and I was so hoping for an Audrey Hepburn movie. Pretty disappointing, but maybe they could add that. I know a lot of girls my age that LOVE Breakfast At Tiffany's, so they could relate to the ride and keep it classic.
good for you:thumbsup:
actually i had a younger asst in 1 store who sorta looked like Audrey & liked her movies
& where I work now a teenager in my dept likes her movies...
I can appreciate movies from all eras.