PDA

View Full Version : Buffets with a 2 year old

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-15-2008, 08:02 PM
We are on the dining plan in September and one of the girls will be 2, the others are 3 and 4 and are on the plan as well.

We have a few character meals planned that are buffets. Can the 2 year old eat off our plates? Not sure how it works for buffet, she will eat off our plates for the other meals.:mickey:

We are also goint to crt for lunch. I read somewhere that the girls gets magic wands. Will she get one too? She will be very disappointed if she doesn't get one when her sisters do.

kathiep
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
My daughter received a wand at dinner last year and she wasn't quite 3. She was not on the dining plan with us so I think you're safe on the wand.

As for the buffets, they don't need to eat off your own plate. Kids under 3 can eat from the buffet free of charge. We did a lot of buffets last year since DD wasn't 3 yet but was a healthy eater.

jonahbear2006
07-15-2008, 11:05 PM
We were told that children under 3 eat free in wdw so if you insist on a plate of their own, they will give him something, if you are on dining plan. 50's diner and Akershus, when I asked about him, said he was allowed a children's meal free, but I turned it down cause I knew he would waste it. Buffets he just had his own plate and ate his own food and we weren't charged for it, though we did have to pay for his milk that we ordered at Trails End buffeteria. Our son, also got a sword at CRT, so your girl will get a wand. they wont let her be left out. As far as the dining plan goes, though, the other kids can share cs meals. They will never eat all that food.

BigRedDad
07-16-2008, 04:37 AM
The 2yo can have her own plate. They just do not charge for under 3. My DD was 2 when we went in April. She got her own plate at every buffet meal and sit down meal. She could eat off our plates.

LittleRoosMommy
07-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Last year, DD2 was 15months old, she was able to eat off of any buffet for free. We ate at CRT, she was given a free meal, albeit there was no choice of food, but it was fine for her. She also was given her own wand and wishing star. We unfortunately, had to buy her own meal when we ate at Cali Grill, and some of the CS places. We tried sharing meals w/ our other DD or ourselves, but found that it was just easier to get a meal for her. Which really was not cost effective with the DDP. Oh well! Hope this info helps!

Young@Heart
07-19-2008, 02:16 AM
My DD also got to eat for free last trip, although the rest of us had to pay for the dining plan. This worked really well at the buffets, where there was a lot to choose from. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-19-2008, 09:03 AM
1) Yes, kids can actually do the buffet at buffets.
2) It is not a case of "eating of parent's plate".
3) The reason is quite simple - parents can always go back for more.
4) t would then be hard to determine whether it was for the parent or the kid.
5) So, why complicate matters?
6) Just let the kid go themselves.

disneydeb
07-19-2008, 09:36 AM
We are on the dining plan in September and one of the girls will be 2, the others are 3 and 4 and are on the plan as well.

We have a few character meals planned that are buffets. Can the 2 year old eat off our plates? Not sure how it works for buffet, she will eat off our plates for the other meals.:mickey:

We are also goint to crt for lunch. I read somewhere that the girls gets magic wands. Will she get one too? She will be very disappointed if she doesn't get one when her sisters do.

She'll get one and she may chooose to be in the picture.

This old princess got one last year (I'm more of a fairy godmother.):D