PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator for Medicine

disneykat
07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Hello friends. Just found out today that my DD is starting new long-term meds that need to be refrigerated. We have ressies at All-Star Movies for August. Does this mean I'll need to pay an extra $10.60/day for a fridge or find a way to waterproof the container for a cooler? Do I have any other options? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!!:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I THINK I read somewhere on here that if it was medically necessary that the resort would provide a fridge for you......I'm sure that someone who has experience with this will be along, but I'm pretty sure that what I remember is the case.

Kenny1113
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
No, you will not have to pay for the refridgerator. In 2006, my son was placed on antibiotics right before our trip, I explained at the front desk and they got me a refridgerator without a problem.NO extra charge.

marylynne95
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
New to this site, just wanted to let you know that I went once with someone who was diabetic and needed a fridge for insulin and they did not have to pay for a fridge. Disney provides them for medical reasons. That was a few years back, but it is definately a "Disney" thing to do, so I am sure it is still happening.

Daisy'sMom
07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I would take along a letter from the dr explaining that her meds need to be refrigerated.

PirateLover
07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
The fridge should be free, but make sure you check your bill before you leave. I had to have a fridge for medical reasons, but on the last day I noticed over $70 extra on our bill, and realized I had been charged for the fridge. I called and got it straightened out, but I wonder how many people don't take a close look at the bill and pay that fee.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2008, 06:04 PM
We needed a refrig for my nephews antibiotics last Sept at ASMu and they provided it free of charge. I don't think my sister had to prove it was medically necessary but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. I don't think she had a problem bringing the meds in the cooler/with ice pack on the plane either.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-15-2008, 06:12 PM
They also have fridges for when you are in the park if it is necessary to bring them. They can hold it at first aid for you.

tadshome
07-15-2008, 06:30 PM
My husband needed a fridge to keep his insulin in and All Star Movies were great, I called ahead a few days before and requested the fridge and when we arrived it was in the room plugged in and ready to go. We didn't get charged :thumbsup: