PDA

View Full Version : October Time?

AlyceMarie03
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
We are planning our Honeymoon for October 2009. We were there in September last year & honestly, I LOVED it! The crowds were not Bad at all & after the Honeymoon, if we plan another Disney Trip, It'll more than likely be in September!:)

I guess It shouldn't be too different in October towards the Beginning/Middle? How are the Crowds & is it fairly a nice time to go in October?

Thanks in Advance!

gmgdisneymom
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
We are going at the beginning of Oct this year. rom our discussions with friends prior we were told that any time except Columbus day is great. Good Luck

faline
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
October is a terrific time to be in the World! Weather is usually wonderful and the crowds are certainly manageable.

LittleRoosMommy
07-15-2008, 02:25 PM
We love going in October! The weather is usually perfect and the crowds are relatively light. Although, Epcot in the evenings/weekends is slightly more crowded due to the F&W Festival. But we can handle that! Last October, we really didn't wait in line for longer than 10-15min, and that is with 2 DDs in Fantasyland! I hope you have a great Honeymoon!!

Donald Duck 001
07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
All of our trips are in October/November. There is no better time to go. Especially on your honeymoon. We went no our honeymoon that time and it was great. The weather is perfect, lower crowds, and all around magical. :magic:

P.S. Make sure you put on your reservation that you are on your honeymoon. You just might get some extra surprises.

AlyceMarie03
07-16-2008, 02:02 PM
All of our trips are in October/November. There is no better time to go. Especially on your honeymoon. We went no our honeymoon that time and it was great. The weather is perfect, lower crowds, and all around magical. :magic:

P.S. Make sure you put on your reservation that you are on your honeymoon. You just might get some extra surprises.

Hehe! We will definitely be letting them know that:) Thanks for the Tip!!:thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
07-16-2008, 10:53 PM
We've been in Sept and Oct. I like early October better only because the weather is nicer (it is cooler) and the crowds seem to be slightly smaller now. I think the free dining plan may have caused that because it didn't used to be like that. Anyway, I also like the Food and Wine Festival.

Yeah, in all it is just a nicer time in my opinion. You'll have a great time. Hey, it's your honeymoon!

Polynesian Dweller
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
We've been in Sept and Oct. I like early October better only because the weather is nicer (it is cooler) and the crowds seem to be slightly smaller now. I think the free dining plan may have caused that because it didn't used to be like that.
I would have to say that the free dining plan has had little effect. We've been going at that time for 18 years now and the crowds have always been manageable. It never has been an overly crowded time.

It is a great time of year to go. It can be hot, but more often than not it seems the temperatures are beautiful and not much rain. The Food and WIne Festival will be in full operation at Epcot and it certainly is worth going to.

That's also one reason the crowds haven't changed. Disney doesn't need free dining to keep the crowds up in Oct. and Nov. because lots of people make their plans around the festival. Its worth going just to try all the food around World showcase and the variety of wines.

momofdisneyprincess
07-17-2008, 02:13 PM
We usually go Columbus Day week as that is when we have our week assigned at an offsite timeshare. We have also gone during May, August, and September. October is definitely my favorite time to go. Lines are not too bad. Take advantage of the fast pass for popular rides and stay away from Epcot on Columbus Day weekend during the F&W festival. Enjoy!

BraddyB
07-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I can let ya know, I will be on my honeymoon in october this year. Cant wait