PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for me, need help..

jcmgwdw
07-15-2008, 01:00 AM
It seems every time I plan a trip, it hits a snag.

We have a friend down in Disney who is a cast member and he got us a discounted room rate a few months back for our trip. He booked it and said he'd take care of everything and all we would need to do is pay him.

He made the reservation, and we paid him the deposit. He told us we wouldn't need to pay the rest until check-in.

So, we booked the flights and now, less than a month before we leave, he tells us that the rest of the money was due already, he forgot to tell us/pay for it and we lost the reservation.

At this point, it looks like we're not going to be able to stay on property which isn't something I'm very happy about. I'm a AP holder and am very used to staying at Pop Century when I travel with my friends and we stay at higher level resorts when I'm with my family.

I was wondering if there is anything at this point that I can do to ensure we have a place to stay? Preferably, someplace on property that isn't too highly priced.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do? Best times to call reservation centers, etc? I know there is a deal going on for rooms but at this point I'm not even sure they're going to have rooms. We are going the second week in August.

Thanks for the help!

jonahbear2006
07-15-2008, 03:00 AM
did you call and ask a cm which places have rooms available during your stay? You could resort hop if availability changes from day to day, that sounds like fun. If nothing else, cant you pack everyone a pillow and blanket and stay at FW and rent a tent and some cots? That sounds ok and they usually have a tent spot open. I would call and get some help from disney.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-15-2008, 05:20 AM
You might have better luck if you work with a travel agent. Why don't you give MJ a chance? I think if anyone can do something for you it would be them. Good Luck :mickey:

Kairi_7378
07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
I second the suggestion to call Magical Journeys and see if they can help you get a room reservation.

I'm really sorry that you're dealing with this. I hope that your friend gives you the money for the deposit. What he did was... awful!

jcmgwdw
07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks all for the help, everyone! I'm currently in contact with MJ and it looks like they're going to be able to help!

I'll keep you guys informed.

TammiMcMan
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
So, we booked the flights and now, less than a month before we leave, he tells us that the rest of the money was due already, he forgot to tell us/pay for it and we lost the reservation.Hmmm, that sounds a bit funny, but I'm not an expert with CM discounted reservations. Normally, for room only though, all you need to do is put the deposit down and pay the balance when you arrive. Maybe he made a mistake?

Either way, I'm glad to hear that MJ should be able to help rescue your on site stay :thumbsup:.

jcmgwdw
07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Hmmm, that sounds a bit funny, but I'm not an expert with CM discounted reservations. Normally, for room only though, all you need to do is put the deposit down and pay the balance when you arrive. Maybe he made a mistake?

Either way, I'm glad to hear that MJ should be able to help rescue your on site stay :thumbsup:.

Thats what i thought too, and the way it usually worked.

This guy isn't the brightest bulb, though. I'll check and see if the reservation still exists, though.

TammiMcMan
07-15-2008, 11:38 AM
I'll check and see if the reservation still exists, though.Might be a good idea. He may just be confused between the payment policy of a package and room only reservation. Especially if you haven't seen a refund yet for the cancellation.

Tink1
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Cast Members, like Travel Agents, now have to book room only reservations via the portal. The portal is tied to WDW travel Co and incurs the same rules and regulations as a package res.

It used the be the regular room only rules, but they changed it awhile back.

I know that for us, the lead name has to be the Travel Agent.

Nanci

Gator
07-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I think the Gaylord Palms is having a sale on rooms rights now. You may want to try them. I've seen advertisements on several Disney websites. GP is a great resort. You'll like it if you can get in there.

TINKERBELL_82
07-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Are they sold out? Or are you just wanting the employee discount? I made my ressie at POR less than 2 weeks ago, no problem. I even got the AP rate.

jcmgwdw
07-18-2008, 02:35 AM
Nope. I just wanted a room. I normally don't care about getting a discounted rate at a value resort because it's affordable enough as is. It was just that our friend wanted to do us a "favor" and it backfired.

When we tried to make them online after hearing we lost our room all that was left on wdw.com was $380 villas..

Anyway, I got in touch with magical journeys thanks to some suggestions on here and we were able to get a room at AS Sports for a very similar price to what we were already paying bc of the AP discount so thanks a lot. I'm really relieved and really excited that I have absolutely nothing to worry about now.. (hopefully!!! :))

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2008, 06:59 AM
I'm glad it worked out for you! Hope you're able to get your deposit on the original room back!