PDA

View Full Version : Sushi bar at Kona's question

mouseketeer mom
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm excited about the new Sushi bar at Kona's at the Poly..first because my DH loves sushi, but secondly because the Kona Crab Cake roll with avacado and asian tartar sauce sounds soooo good. My question might be dumb..but is this a traditional kind of crab cake or some kind of sushi thing?:blush: Hoping its something like a traditional crab cake!

Sunshine1010
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
New sushi bar at Kona's?.......where have I been?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-15-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm a bit of a sushi fan. I often make my own.

I was extremely unimpressed with the selection at the bar.

As for the crab cake, its not fried if that's what you are asking. Usually, it's crab meat and whatever else they mix in (it can vary).

Now I just eat at this wonderful place off of John Young Parkway and Sand Lake Road called Sushi Tomi. I'm convinced the chef is a member of the yazuka with his bleached hair and full sleeve tattoos. But he makes me some great sushi.

Sunshine1010
07-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Anyone have any pictures of the 'new' sushi bar at Kona's?

mouseketeer mom
07-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm a bit of a sushi fan. I often make my own.

I was extremely unimpressed with the selection at the bar.

As for the crab cake, its not fried if that's what you are asking. Usually, it's crab meat and whatever else they mix in (it can vary).

Now I just eat at this wonderful place off of John Young Parkway and Sand Lake Road called Sushi Tomi. I'm convinced the chef is a member of the yazuka with his bleached hair and full sleeve tattoos. But he makes me some great sushi.

I wasn't sure if it was a crab cake, or if that was a name for a sushi concoction..like in a raw crab thing...I wanted to know if it was a cooked crab cake! Thanks Jessica!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Cooked meat, but not fried.

mouseketeer mom
07-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Gotcha!:thumbsup:Thats even better.

sisterdisco
07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
If you like crab cakes, in the Disney cookbook, there is a recipe for crab cakes from Kona Cafe.
We made them and they were Yummy!

brewcrew26
07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Does anyone have a menu of the sushi bar's offerings? We're thinking of staying at Poly next March since it's one of the hotels for participants of the 5k Princess Family Run. DH and I both love sushi and would like to try if we're there...not sure if that's race food, tho. :blush: