PDA

View Full Version : Going down a day earlier now...Question

MuchLovedMama
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Well we've decided to go down a day earlier now that originally planned. Originally we were going to go on 9/18. Our flight was at 6:30 a.m. therefore we'd have to get up at like 3 or so & we had a layover making our flight a little over 4 hours & we were planning on going to the parks that first day. We started thinking that it would've been nice had we went down the night before & got a full nights rest & a full day at the park. So my mom tells me to check into it & the latest flight for the eveing before is at 4:30 & it's direct so it's only 2 hours instesad of the 4. We will be well rested for a good day at the park. It's with Southwest so it's no a problem chaning the flight (only $9 more per person).

Now on to my question. We are there for the free dining & I know I can't add on a day at the beginning so we were just going to book room only for that night & not mess with our reservations that we already have booked. We have a total of 3 room for 8 of us. If we book that room only for that night is it a pretty safe bet that we can just stay in our SAME rooms for the rest of the stay? How will this work? I will request that when I make the reservation but will we have to go down to the front desk the next morning & check out & re check in? Can we basically do that right away so we can head off to the praks?

Strmchsr
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, you'll have to check out/check in since you're talking about two separate reservations, essentially. Not sure about the likelihood of staying in the same room, but if you get that noted on your reservation I would think the chances would be pretty good.

teambricker04
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
I agree... you will probably have to check out and in, but a lot of hotels find it is easier to keep you in the same room. So you may not actually PHYSICALLY have to check out.

Have you called to book the extra night? We did this our last trip and there was no way we could get a room in the same hotel. We ended up at AS the extra night and transferred to BC. It was super easy to do. The luggage went right up to our room at BC straight from the AS, so no lifting. We got up, got ready, called for the bags to be picked up, waited for the bags to be picked up, had breakfast, went to EPCOT, and then over to BC about 1 hour before check in, rested, and then back to the park. We thought the process was so nice and easy that we would even consider resort hopping in the middle of a trip.

Any hoo... call and find out if you can stay at the same hotel. If not you can change hotels and WDW can transfer your luggage.

MuchLovedMama
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Have you called to book the extra night?

I haven't actually called yet but I looked on the DisneyWorld website & it's available there so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Pirate Granny
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
You should call and check, they may let you add the day on the front of your free dining resort reservation...It can't hurt to ask...
:pirate:

ParkMan
07-14-2008, 10:39 PM
We did something just like this back in December. They wouldn't guarantee it, but they made it work out so that we could stay in the same room. It took a few minutes at check in and we didn't even have to ask - they just did it.

The only thing I seem to recall that I had to do was stop by guest services and have the keys redone.

Seasonscraps
07-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I would call to make the reservations and see if they can link the reservations so you won't have to change rooms. And mention it again at check in. It's easier for housekeeping to keep you in the same room - they'll only have to do regular cleaning instead of turning the room.

We always used adding on a day as an opportunity to resort hop so we can check out a new hotel.

have fun!! :mickey: