PDA

View Full Version : DDP with the Annual Pass

DANAM
07-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I have a two part question for ya'll. My husband, myself and our 2 kids have been going to Disney about 2 times per year. We have used the old and the new DDP and it saves us a good bit by using it. We a thinking of buying the AP but we want to get the dining plan. Can this be added to our room. I have read a few things about this subject but can't figure out the answer.
Secondly, if we can't do the dining plan does anyone feel like the Dining Experience thing (sorry I don't know the name) saves money. Or will equal out to the dining plan savings. We saved close to $200 last trip. We normally buy 7 day passes, stay or rather eat 8 days, One Table service, one counter service, and use most of the snacks to bring little gifts home for coworkers and friends.

DizneyRox
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes, you can still get the DDP. You would book a package just like anyone else, but instead of getting multi-day park tickets, just get a single day MYW ticket. DO NOT USE IT! Next time you need an AP, use that single day ticket to get a credit towards your AP.

I have found no use for the DDP. I have used the DDE card int he past with great success. Now that the include the gratuity, I'm not so sure anymore. I like the option of providing what I think is an acceptable tip, usually it's in the 20% range, but I'm not about to give up a level of service that I expect. DDP (when it included the tip) did cause a decline in service levels IMHO. You earn your tip just like anything else, it should never be included at some arbitrary percentage.

ParkMan
07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I used the DDE last year for a couple of trips. In total we were there for about 14 days.

The DDE definitely paid for itself. 20% on food and drinks adds up quickly at WDW. I will probably do it again on a future trip. I also share the concern about including the tip (and shared that concern with WDW guest relations). However, I expect it will work out OK - especially since the tip is still a function of how much I purchase from the server.

ParkMan
07-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Sorry - didn't quite answer the 2nd question now that I read it again.

I'm not quite sure what your dinner bills usually are, but to save $200, you'll probably need to eat quite a bit. You need to add about $60 dollars to buy the DDE card. Some quick math makes me think you'd need spend about $1300 at TS restaurants over the 8 days. Depending on your eating habits that might be a stretch. Then again, it may not.