PDA

View Full Version : jiko or boma?

dumbo ears
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
im goin to wdw in december and staying at AKL. we want to eat at either jiko or boma and were wondering which one was better? I know jiko is sit down and boma is buffet so we are up for either one. there will be a group of 11 which could change as we get close to the date. so any help is appreciated

Natazu
07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Apples and Oranges here.

Jiko is gourmet New African Cuisine, prepared fresh and served at its peak with the largest African wine list in North America.

Boma is a buffet, a good buffet showcasing common African quisine, but just doesn't compare with the quality and atmosphere of Jiko.

mulderxcoltrane
07-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with Natazu - two factors work differently with these 2 places:

Boma -less "adventurous" food (IMO) and cheaper

Jiko - more "adventurous" food and more costly

Different strokes for different folks.

SBETigg
07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I find that Boma is better than most buffets. The selection is incredible, so many things to try! If you're up for a dining adventure of grazing and trying a whole slew of new things, go for Boma.

But if you're looking for a more intimate atmosphere, a quieter meal, a more fine dining experience with excellent creative cuisine and good service, choose Jiko.

Tinkerbellfan
07-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Hello,

I would recommend Boma for breakfast and Jiko for dinner.

I believe both are wonderful and shouldn't be missed but if I had to choose for dinner, I would pick Jiko. I believe it is one of the best restaurants at WDW. We have dined there 4 times now and have yet to have anything but a fantastic experience. And, since Boma offers a wonderful breakfast and you are staying at AKL, I would recommend Boma for breakfast and Jiko for dinner.

Aggie97
07-14-2008, 08:32 PM
We stayed at AKL and dined at both Boma and Jiko for the first time a month ago. Boma was really good, but Jiko was absolutely fanstastic. I would pick Jiko. :mickey: