PDA

View Full Version : Where in the World to eat?

lawgirl
07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
We are planning our disney trip. In all the other parks we do "fast" meals...counter service / cafes, but in Epcot, we want to have one nice, sit down meal. Before I call for reservations, I'd love to hear some of your favorite places and what you love about them, and also any places you would not recommend. We're leaning towards Canada, Japan, or Coral Reef...any other suggestions?

Also, we recently discovered Jiko, and it is our official favorite place. Does anyone else have a hidden treasure they'd like to share?

Gator
07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Le Cellier and Coral Reef are great, but are hard to get a decent resservation for if you don't call on day 180. One of my favorite meals was at Marekesh at the Morroco pavilion. Very tasty and the entertainment was good.

I'm sure someone will be along to push San Angel Inn. Let me say the ambience is very nice, but the food is terrible. Don't get tricked into going there.:D

Kairi_7378
07-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Of the places that you have on your list, I'd try to go for Coral Reef or one of the Japanese restaurants.

For my hidden gem, it's the Tangerine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion. The shwarma platter is a great deal... and DH and I look forward to it on every trip.

TinkiTime1989
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Restaurant Marrakesh was very good. We also enjoy the Garden Grill, great food and character interaction. I agree with Gator on the ambiance at San Angel Inn, however i disagree with him on the food. We've eaten there every trip for the past 4 or 5 year and we've never had a bad meal. Le Cellier seems to appeal to a lot of people, however it was the worst meal we've had on property. We left most of our food on the plates and ended up at McDonald's later that night. Not sure on Coral Reef as we've never eaten there, but we have 6:50 dinner ADRs for August and I didn't make them until late April, so getting a decent reservation is very possible after the 180 day mark.

thumperbug
07-14-2008, 07:24 PM
My first choice would be Teppan Edo..Japanese hibachi. Great food and fun experience.

2nd-Le Cellier---never had a bad meal there

3rd-We do like San Angel-been several times...never a bad meal

4th-Rose and Crown (try for a table outside)

We also enjoyed Garden Grill, Biergarten and Coral Reef.

Chefs de France was ok. Nothing exciting. Have not tried Italy since they changed the restaurant. I loved it the way it was. The new menu had nothing appealing...but do try a glass of Rosa Regale at the wine store or a shot of Lemoncello. Yum.

DisneyorBust
07-14-2008, 08:36 PM
My first choice would be Le Cellier, the food and service have always been good here, it is one of our 'must do's' each trip to WDW.
I also enjoy the Beirgarten (even though my mother in laws German food is better!) great ambience, music and singing.

lawgirl
07-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the tips! I made some reservations yesterday at Biergarten (Le Cellier is currently booked every night we are there).

MickeyMousse
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Garden Grill is a favorite of ours! :thumbsup: