PDA

View Full Version : Light Saber Question

We LOVE Disney
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Is there a place where kids can make their own light sabers? If so, what exactly is it and where do they do this?

Tracy

ibrowse17
07-14-2008, 04:10 PM
At the really big toy store at DTD, there is a section that you can build your own light saber for about $20. They have a big bin of basic parts that you can use to make a custom light saber. They also have TV's set up showing light saber battles from the movies. It is pretty cool:thumbsup:

dan864
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi
you can make the light sabers at downtown disney,at the world of disney store,in the star wars and transformer section of the shop,you can pick up to
(2)saber grips
(2)saber covers
(2)trigger
(2)blade
(1)end cover
(1)coloured stone
(2)coloured lens
it all fits together like a torch,the best colour is red stands out better than the blue and green.if you go for the double eneded saber,only one side lights up.
hope this helps.

Hayden's Dad
07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Make sure you pick up all three crystals (each one makes a different sound) and at least one of every color lens They are all included. :thumbsup:

Young@Heart
07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Make sure you pick up all three crystals (each one makes a different sound) and at least one of every color lens They are all included. :thumbsup:

Thanks! DS's and DH are so excited about this. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Just like the real lightsabers in SW.

I should make one for my character, but then again I'm also making my Padme lake dress (got all the fabric and dye!)

We LOVE Disney
07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi again :blush:

Once they are together is there a button that you can push to make the light saber come out so it's sort of compact until you want to use it(my son has one of these kind)? Or once you put it together it's like that for good?

Thanks!
Tracy

Young@Heart
07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
We haven't made them yet, but from looking at pictures online, they look colapsable. Could someone confirm this?

Hayden's Dad
07-15-2008, 10:14 AM
No, these do not close into themselves like the ones you can buy in the stores. But they do have a button that controls the lights and sounds, and you flick it to extend the blade.

We LOVE Disney
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the responses! We'll have to check these out when we go :mickey:

DisneyDog
07-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Also, make sure you see the Jedi Training Academy show. It is a hoot! The guy who was the trainer was hysterical when we were there.

My DS5 made his own light saber at Tatooine Traders. He plays with it all the time. You can get a cast member to help you put it together to make sure you have all the necessary parts. It can look a little bit confusing otherwise.

Tygger7
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
One thing to clarify...the store at DTD is Once Upon A Toy, not World of Disney. My DD15 did this on our last trip and had a blast. :thumbsup:

disneycutie165
07-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I have heard about these lightsabers but how do you take them on the plane with the huge air travel limits?:(

dan864
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
The light sabers are colapsable,and would fit in to a small suitcase,it would take up about 2 feet,they are about 4 feet extended.