PDA

View Full Version : Cbr ?

nicjohn3
07-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Hello-We still cant decide where to stay in Nov. Want to try something new, however, scared we will be disappointed. Have stayed at POR many times and loved it, but want a new theme. Would like to try CBR, however, everyone talks about the long walk from food court. We love getting the mugs and want to get the use out of them so we would like to be close. I will definitely request a close room, however, when I go to the hotel website I get 3 types of rooms (preferred. standard and water), but when I go to book it I only get the choice of standard and water view. Does anyone know--Can I book a standard view, but request one close to the food court--I think it is the Triniad building. Thanks for your help.

Kairi_7378
07-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I haven't stayed at CBR but it is a favorite for many people on the boards, as well as a few of my co workers.

There is no such category as a "preferred" room in the moderate categories, unless Disney changed something very recently. I know that there are preferred buildings at the values, but that the only upgrades available at the moderates are kind sized bed or water view.

epcotkid21
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Hello. On the Disney World website it says that the villages of Martinique and Trinidad North are the two "Preferred Locations". I'm not too sure if they would let you book a room in Trinidad North under standard room rates, but it's worth a try :thumbsup: . When during Nov are you going? Maybe during the times you are planning to stay there are no Preferred rooms available??

Gator
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
First of all, don't book on the internet. Calling WDW makes things much easier. Just use the internet to get a good idea of what you want.

Second, Martinique and N. Trinidad are preferred because they are close to Port Royale. They cost extra.

Third, don't worry about the size of CBR if you've been staying at POR. They're both quite large and you have to walk far to the main areas of both.

Finally, if you like the theming at POR, you'll like it at CBR. Honestly, I think POR stinks if you get stuck in the Alligator Bayou. At CBR, all the areas have good theming, so you'll like it no matter where you end up.

kathiep
07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
We stayed in Trinidad North and really liked the location. It was close enough to the food court and main pool area but not too close for the area around our room to be too busy.

Honestly, though, the walk across the lake to the villages on the other side weren't more than 10 minutes and it was a nice walk.

AlyceMarie03
07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
We stayed at CBR last year in September & we Loved it! We stayed in Jamaica. It is a Large Resort but when we would walk to the Food Court, it was always nice to see the views & what was going on. The walking wasn't bad for us at all!:thumbsup:

Good Luck!

coloradowendyl
07-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Trinidad North and Martinque are preferred location rooms and incur an additional charge per night as do the Water view or king bedded rooms at Caribbean Beach.

Personally none of the buildings are a huge walk from the pool and food court IMHO. I have stayed in both Barbados and the Trinidad South buildings and loved them both. Trinidad South was great...I was close to a quiet pool, bus, laundry, and it was quiet. I timed the walk from Old Port Royale...as I meandered sipping a beverage ( in other words...not walking quickly). Exact time from the pool to my room In Trinidad South was 6 minutes at a leisurely pace!

Wendy

disney100%
07-17-2008, 06:34 AM
We love POR and CBR. We are actually staying at CBR this October and can't wait. We always request Aruba or Jamaica because the walk is short to cross the lake to OPR. We have stayed at CBR at least 5 of my 11 trips and have never had a complaint.

This fall we are bringing my three kids and my nephew (with 6 adults), and we are really looking forward to seeing the new pool area!

CleveRocks
07-17-2008, 07:44 AM
There is no such category as a "preferred" room in the moderate categories, unless Disney changed something very recently. I know that there are preferred buildings at the values, but that the only upgrades available at the moderates are kind sized bed or water view.
The above is incorrect information. While it is accurate for CSR, POFR and POFQ, it is not accurate for CBR.

CBR has a room category called "preferred location." This is not a recent change. I booked my CBR room in 2004, so I know it was in effect then, and quite likely for at least a few years prior to that.

At CBR, preferred location means a room in one of the 6 buildings closest to Old Port Royale, meaning all of Trinidad North (Buildings 31, 32 and 33) and half of the buildings in Martinique (Buildings 24, 25 and 26).

The cost of preferred location is exactly the same as water view and king-size bed, meaning it costs between $15-$26 more per night, depending on the season (value, peak, etc.).

yjgirl715
07-17-2008, 08:36 AM
We stayed ther last May and it was beautiful ! We stayed in Jamaica and the walk wasn't bad at all- in fact i volunteered to get the drinks on most mornings. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Good luck with your decision.