PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

michellerose1579
07-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I will be at Disney World January 2-9 to celebrate my 30th birthday. I was really looking forward to spending some time at Pleasure Island, as when I went last year, I didnt get a chance to get down there. With it closing, I am not quite sure where to go for that "club" experience. Does anyone have any suggestions??

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 08:16 AM
You're going to need to visit JellyRolls at Boardwalk Resort, otherwise, you need to leave the Disney Property and go into Orlando-Orlando. Church Street area is kinda shady though.

DDuck66
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I would go to the Boardwalk. You have Jellyrolls and the ESPN club. Both good spots for the bar/club routine.

bruin1344
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
jellyrolls is a great bar on the boardwalk, its a great time

there is atlantic dance hall also on the boardwalk (never been there)

DisneyDog
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
We stopped into Atlantic Dance Hall on our last trip. I thought it was kind of strange. The crowd was definitely older and people were doing dances that had nothing to do with the music. Also, there were very few people in there.

If you can get transportation, I would go to that "other" resort area and go to their version of DTD. It's much nicer and really a lot of fun.

Seasonscraps
07-15-2008, 04:32 PM
After PI closes, the Atlantic Dance Hall is the only club left. I have never been but it always looked empty from outside.

Jellyrolls is a lot of fun but it's a sit down drink your drink enjoy the entertainment type place - it's a great time but it's not really a dancing place. ESPN is just like the bar area of a TGI Fridays or similar place.

For something more, I would cab it to City Walk.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2008, 09:13 AM
I just saw a program about Church St Station and how they are trying to rehab that area. It used to be a lot of fun to go there.
Other than that I would say Jelly Rolls and Atlantic Dance Hall as well. Maybe with PI closing those clubs will get busier now.

Goes4FastPass
07-18-2008, 10:06 AM
That 'other resort area' is Universal's CityWalk. As a person celebrating her 30th birthday and looking for a 'club' experience you may be very ready for a break from WDW Magic sometime during your WDW vacation.

I suggest Jammaica Me Crazy hot wings on the patio at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

Back at WDW, I think you can still get a (free) button at guest reations at any Disney Park that says "I'm Celebrating My Birthay". When I last wore one I had some fun experiences. At one point, a handful of CMs at an attraction queue gathered in front of me to sing. The 'leader' said "Ready...Go" then
1 - 2 - 3
(Tune is Ta-Ra-Ra-Boom-Dee-Ay)
This is your bithdaysong
It isn't very long-
The whole thing was over in seconds.

Happy upcoming 30th.