PDA

View Full Version : BC to WL, best way?

ellematt
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I hope this is the right place to ask this. We are arriving MCO at 6:30am Aug. 18th (ugg, red eye!)...staying at BC and know our room won't be ready, but we'll check in, hang at the pool (nap by the pool!) and wander around and explore. We have 6:25pm ADR at WCC at WL. What's the best way to get there and how much time? We have MYW w/Park Hopper & more...so I was thinking maybe fun to walk thru Epcot, take monorail to MK, then boat to WL? Does anyone know how long that would take approx?? I know there are many variables (how long we're having to wait for monorail, boat, etc..). Or just maybe take WL bus from Epcot (not as exciting). This is our 2nd visit ever and last time stayed at POR only using bus system. Thanks for any ideas!

Seasonscraps
07-13-2008, 10:56 PM
If I was already going to be in Epcot I would do the monorail - boat trip. If I was leaving from the resort, I would take the bus to the MK and then the boat or bus to WL. I know that's not exciting - but I would rather just get there.

I would probably allow an 60-90 minutes either way.

wendy*darling
07-13-2008, 11:16 PM
I think I would take the bus from BC to the MK, and then take the boat to WL. I would allow an hour minimum to do this, maybe 1.5 hrs. It should not take that long, but if you end up just missing the bus and boat- you'll have time allowed for waiting. If you do get there early- you'll have time to enjoy wandering around the gorgeous lobby. Maybe even doing a Hidden Mickey search until dinner time.

Now- given that your dinner should be over around 8:00 or so, I would take the boat over to the Contemporary and then the monorail to Epcot to get "home."
I would save the walk through Epcot for after dinner, which should be right around Illuminations time. (Plus, in August, this will be more pleasant after the sun goes down! ;))
Even if you have another evening set aside to view Illuminations, just walking through the park during the fireworks is magical! Then you can exit out the "back door" and you'll be home in no time.

brianlw71
07-13-2008, 11:29 PM
If your looking for a leisurely way to get to WL I would take monorail from epcot to ticket center and then resort monorail to the contemporary and boat from there to Wl. It is nice and relaxing.

playdead88
07-14-2008, 06:13 AM
i agree! walk to epcot and take the monorail to either MK or the TTC - from MK you can hop on a boat to WL- from the TTC you switch monorails and get off at the CR then hop on a boat to the WL - either way its a great trip if you have the time :mickey: have a great vacation!