PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Goofys Candy Company...

garthbarth1
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
So DH and I have never been to DD but we are thinking of going this upcoming trip. Can someone tell me about Goofys Candy Company...I read somewhere on another thread about how you can make some type of your own creation there? Dipped Crispy Treats or something....if anyone can share any info I would appreciate it! Thanks!:mickey:

Deesdisney
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh you have to see it. I went for the first time in Jan. You can create your own treats. All different kinds. They also have a place were you can put together your own cup and get it filled. (like Mr. Potato Head). When we went there was so many people ( end of day) we just picked up some already done. The place is full of interesting candy. I think it is the best candy store I have ever seen. Have a great time.

Jenemmy
07-14-2008, 08:07 AM
It's definitely a fun place to go. My problem with DD is that there are SO many yummy things -- between goofy and ghiradelli and Earl of Sandwich <sigh>. Ya gotta pace yourself!

You can personalize all sorts of treats from the krispies to those marshmallow log thingys...you pick what you want them dipped in, drizzled with, or rolled in. If memory serves, you can also personalize fun drinks (think kid type drinks, not alcohol). You pick the character cup, flavor of syrups etc.... We have a stitch cup up in our cabinet and I am pretty sure that is where it came from.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Don't give your kids too much money before you go in or they'll spend it all, my son spent $45 on candy there last trip in just a few minutes....of course, he had a limited souvenier budget for the trip and that ate up a big portion of it, he spent the rest of the trip begging for money:spend:

disneycutie165
07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
GCC is an awesome place to go! Last time we went I made a Minnie Mouse slushee cup. You choose the character you want (Goofy, Mickey Stitch, Minnie, Donald, etc.), and stick the leg part to the bottom and the head to the top. It is sooo cute!

Since I've been getting them every time we go, I also recommend the GCC Sour Mickey Heads! They aren't really sour, they're more sugary. I can't live without them! Die hard fan!:number1:

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
ITS YUMMY!!!:mickey::thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Every time we go in there it's packed. But definitely worth it for some of the great candy and a white chocolate covered strawberry.

Nurse Kim
07-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I am glad I came across this thread. We will definitely be trying this on our trip in March

garthbarth1
07-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks for all the great info! I cant wait to go make some yummy treats!!:cloud9:

dizknee531
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
:mickey:What a great experience. We had marshmallows and strawberries dipped in chocolate!! YUM!!:thumbsup:

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Last time we went, the Make your Own Treat actually qualified as a snack credit on the DP (don't know if that is still the case). Anyway, both DS and I make a treat and it was so rich and yummy, we took it back to the resort and munched off of it for a few days!

That place rocks!

DisneyCouture
07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
We love Goofy's! They have a create your own candy apple station where u tell them whatever toppings that u want. I love the chocolate dipped marshmallows. We try to go there on every trip, so much fun!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Last time we went, the Make your Own Treat actually qualified as a snack credit on the DP (don't know if that is still the case). Anyway, both DS and I make a treat and it was so rich and yummy, we took it back to the resort and munched off of it for a few days!

That place rocks!

Well, we were at POFQ same time as you, LOL, so we used a snack credit there too! We got chocolate-covered pretzels :cloud9: I remember that the apples weren't available as a snack credit.

Ropachs
07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Can you make something there that you can transport home? I'm thinking something along the lines of a mix-and-match candy bulk thing where you could put together a bag or container of stuff? I think that would be a good souvenier for the nephews on our list...

tinksmom02
07-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Pretty sure they have the bulk candy and various containers you can fill. Can't help you with prices, though, sorry!

Coolwench
07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Goofy's is my DD:bar: favorite place to go at DTD. She can't wait to get vanilla taffy. I can't wait to try the white chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!

Magic Smiles
08-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Create Your Own Pictorial
Marshmallow Treats (http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=one_set72157606532954927)

They are so rich that it takes our entire vacation to eat them, but oh so worth it!

kbean
08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Is this store new? I've never seen it or heard of it before.

motherof4
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I have been to dtd many times and have never even seen this candy store I have 4 children and myself that love sweets.where is it I want to go when I go to dw in aug. thank you:mickey:

DizNee143
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
its kinda across from the christmas shop...and pretty close to the rainforest also..its in that area..also around it is the 10 and under store and the pet store - tails...

princessjojo
08-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Don't give your kids too much money before you go in or they'll spend it all, my son spent $45 on candy there last trip in just a few minutes:spend:
You're right about that! Before we knew it, our kids had spent just over that on candy. And what do you do at that point. You can't put it back, I don't guess. At least our dentist will love us. But it adds up quick when you're just filling those little bags. It was fun though. And we got all our favorites, with exception of the gummy worms. Those things are flat out yuck :ack:!