PDA

View Full Version : December 13-19 How are the crowds? Any discounts?

DANAM
07-13-2008, 07:36 PM
My husband and I where driving home today from a family event and we where talkingabout our last trip this past May. So that got us thinking and we are considering going the week before the Christmas madness. Do you think it is going to be packed the week of December 13-19? Hows the weather? and what about discounts? I saw something about package discounts on the Historic discounts page. Does anyone know when they would announce discounts? or what they normally offer for December? Any little bit helps plus it is easier to talk my husband into a trip if there are discounts. I get him thinking it's such a good deal he can't pass it up.

Gator
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
That week shouldn't be real busy at first. Toward the end, though, it will pick up. Discounts should be out around Labor Day.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-13-2008, 09:04 PM
We're going the same week!:wave: Hopefully we'll hear some good things!

MickeyMomof2
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Most school systems will have their last day on the Friday before Christmas, so you can expect to start off great and then have things pick up quickly at the end.

PharmD
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
It should be a great time to go. You would be heading back home on a fri. as most people would be coming in on sat. or sun. We have been at that time and its great. Normally small crowds plus you get to see the great christmas decorations. I would recommend MVMCP, Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Pictures with Santa, hot cocoa and cookies and it even snows on Main Street. When we went last time the cast member working at the monorail station told my youngest son that there was a forecast of snow. We of course knew about it ahead of time. My son was so surprised when we got in the park and it was snowing. It's probably in the mid to upper 60's to 70 in the day and in the 50's at night. Perfect weather for all except water rides:secret:. All in all a great time to go.

ibrowse17
07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
We went last 17-23 Dec, and I can say the crowds will start of light, and really build by the days right before Christmas. You are doing the right thing by going and leaving when you are. We have AP's, and used AAA for a room only discount. We stayed at the POFQ for something like $111 a night, if I remember right. Hope you have a great trip:thumbsup:

DANAM
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks so much for all the info. My husband has been dieing for years to go during christmas but I worked retail so we never could go. I just got a new job last month and I am suprised it has taken him this long to sugget Disney. We are so excited but I have no idea what to expect. I am a big time Disney planner, excel sheets and all but I have never researched this time of the year so I have no clue where to start. I know we want to do the christmas party but does it fill up fast? should I buy my tickets now? I have ADR's but I really wanted Liberty Tree Tavern the night of the party but it's booked. Is this something I shouldn't miss? I have been calling ever day on my way home from work but no luck yet. Thanks again for all your help.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks so much for all the info. My husband has been dieing for years to go during christmas but I worked retail so we never could go. I just got a new job last month and I am suprised it has taken him this long to sugget Disney. We are so excited but I have no idea what to expect. I am a big time Disney planner, excel sheets and all but I have never researched this time of the year so I have no clue where to start. I know we want to do the christmas party but does it fill up fast? should I buy my tickets now? I have ADR's but I really wanted Liberty Tree Tavern the night of the party but it's booked. Is this something I shouldn't miss? I have been calling ever day on my way home from work but no luck yet. Thanks again for all your help.

I would go ahead and book the party now. (I need to do the same!) My DH hasn't seen this and I can't wait to show him. Also make sure you schedule a night to see the Osborne Lights--absolutely NOT to be missed! PM me if you have more questions--I'd be happy to help you! Christmastime at the World is wonderful! :santa3: