PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for toddlers

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-13-2008, 10:46 AM
I have always worn crocs to the parks. 3 different styles. I find them soooo comfortable.

I was wondering what you would suggest for a 2,3, and 4 year old.

Crocs? Sandle type or regular? (any styles recommended)
Sketchers? Ballet or running shoes?

Anything else that you would suggest. I want to get them now so they can break them in before we go in September.:mickey:

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I bought my children who are 4 and 3 and 1 each a pair of crocs to wear to disney. We wore them yesterday to one of our local theme parks and they did not complain once about their feet bothering them. I have a pair and wear them and love them. Plus mine love the fact that we bought the disney crocs with mickey on them. My son has the diego ones also.

Young@Heart
07-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I bought DD 5 her first crocs back in March. The Minnie Janes, which she is mostly saving for our trip but cons me into letting her wear every now-and-then. Then I got her a second pair in May and she wears those every day. We're taking both to WDW, plus her water shoes.

I also bought my first pair of crocs in May and , while I still think they're kinda ugly, they are sooooo comfortable. I suffered from plantar fasciitis for years and often have trouble with shoes and comfort, but no problems with the crocs! Unfortunately, I could not convince DS 12, DS 14, or DH to give them a try. :blush:

RBrooksC
07-14-2008, 07:43 AM
We had to buy Crocs in AK last year because my son lost one of his sandals. He wore them in Disney and he has worn them every day this summer so far. He LOVES them. The best $33 I have ever spent on shoes for him. If they last the whole summer it will be even better.

Gottaluvgoof
07-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I admit crocks are very comfortable, but there is also a down side to them. Just tell your kids to be careful if they decide to run. I daycare and on several occasions, the kids run and then fall. One incident while we were at the zoo was very ugly. We had bloody knees, elbows and chin. We were back at the zoo this past week and I saw a little boy do almost exactly the same thing. Once again, he had crocks on. Recently there was a story of a little boy getting his crock caught on an escalator and his toes being trapped.

I prefer tennis shoes, but just a preference I guess. Just something to think about.

Mickey'sGirl
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
We all wear running shoes at the parks.The kids will wear their crocs to the pool, but it's always running shoes with socks at the parks. :mickey:

teambricker04
07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
We always make our 3yo wear his tennis shoes to the parks, but he wears his crocs on the plane and at the pool. He is always tripping over himself when he wears them and runs around. Plus he is always taking them off. What a pain.

I have heard of kids getting them stuck in escalators, but I mostly worry that he will fall over himself in them and get hurt.

I vote for tennis shoes for all the long walking and running around, but I do agree they are very comfy shoes.

TinkiTime1989
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the big problem with the Crocs is how wide they are. It makes them fall off more easily. Try Skechers Cali Gear shoes. They are made of a material much like Crocs but they aren't as big and they have styles that have straps and stay on much better. I've worn them for the past 2 years and they're great for Disney. My feet never bother me anymore.

sisterdisco
07-14-2008, 10:06 PM
More important than the shoes is a good stoller!!
Little legs will get tired fast.

Water shoes are a must @ the pool areas--will save them from stubbed toes!

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the input. We have seperate strollers for each child, and I know they will be riding most of the time.:number1:
I am just worried that it is difficult when trying on shoes for little ones that they can't tell you how they feel.
From my experience with crocs i felt that they were sooo comfortable.
They have a sandle type for kids too..anyone try them?
Would they still present the tripping problem?
Thanks again:mickey:

prshell
07-15-2008, 01:22 PM
We went in February with my 3 grandbabies (4, 3, 1-1/2). We had them wear sock and tennis shoes. But, we got the kind that light up, so that in the dark rides and they got scared they would just click their heels and say "its Disney Magic!"

forbella
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
We do the running/athletic running shoe thing. Since we are walking, standing and jumping might as well wear good shoes with great support. Also since the pavement is soooo hot, the socks and athletic shoes really make a difference- but to each his and her own! :)
We hit the Stride Rite shoe sales really hard this time of year to get ready for school and WDW!:mickey: