PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary tips

Crow
07-13-2008, 02:34 AM
staying for the first time in Sept for 2 nights
i know about CA Grill & am eating there again.
any other tips?

mrsgaribaldi
07-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Relax in the hot tub!!!
Take me with you ;)

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I think you will really like it. You didn't mention what kind of room you have, but we had a tower MK view in November, and I felt like I was still in Magic Kingdom we were that close. People have mentioned the lack of theming of the resort and pool area, but we didn't find that at all. We felt being in this Disney classic, right next to the MK was theme enough! Even the garden rooms seemed like hidden gems. Not a bad view to be found, right next to the pool and Bay Lake, and the walk to the main bldg is nothing! We didn't plan on eating at Chef Mickeys during that trip, but ended up doing so, because we could see and hear it from our hallway. We got swept up in the excitement of it daily and walked down one morning without an ADR and they took us right in! The grab and go was terrific, as was the gift shop. The only negative I could possibly think of is the wait for the elevators was bad at times, but knowing that, you can plan and allow yourself extra time if travelling downstairs from a tower room.
Enjoy!!

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Loved the CR. Stayed there 2 times so far. First was Garden Wing (OK), Second was MK view in tower on 11th floor, I think. Either way the second visit was awesome. Plenty of room in the rooms. Great view and the convenience of the monorail with our DD (4 at that time) was perfect. Have FUN!!!:number1:

Friend of Figment
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Be sure to take a boat ride to Fort Wilderness or over to Wilderness Lodge. It's cool on the water and fun to visit the lodge.

The in-room computers are terrific too!

Crow
07-13-2008, 02:17 PM
just have a standard room w the Sept AP discount. mayb I will get an upgrade when i check in....
def taking the boat to WL for my dinner at AP. I love WL.
are the hot tubs by the pool? is there a good bar by the pool?
I know Ill b getting a mug..too bad :beer:isnt included.
the gift shop isnt bad. i picked up tshirt from there last trip for a friend w the monorail spiel...Por Favor etc

Rich Mc
07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
What is status of the major construction of the new tower at CR?

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Saw some good photos of the construction on laughingplace.com. Pretty neat.

Crow
07-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Ill check when Im there.
I also have to check on some of the new dining options.

disneyboundagain
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Definately eat at Wave. Food, atmosphere, and service are all AWESOME!!