PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

Mrs Bus Driver
07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
We have dinner reservations for Ohana's at the poly. Since we will most likely be at MK I was wondering which would be better taking the monorail or boat to get there? Which do you like better and why? :mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
07-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I would take the monorail. First, I think it is quicker which means more time at the park. Secondly, it is unique to the monorail resorts. I can take the boat at the Epcot resorts or to my own resort (usually the Wilderness Lodge). But, the monorail is unique to the monorail resorts.

SBETigg
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
We usually stay at the Poly or GF, and we alternate between boat and monorail. From the GF, it's quicker to monorail to MK and boat back from the MK. But from the Poly, it's about the same either way, probably a little faster to monorail. The boat ride is really pleasant, though. From MK, your boat stops at the GF first.

If you monorail, you step out and enter the GCH on the top floor, right across from 'Ohana. If you boat, you walk from the dock, around the pool area, to the GCH and head upstairs.

joelkfla
07-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Even though I'm a monorail fan, I really like the boats between Poly/GF and the MK. They're the small launches, and you sit way down on the water line.

If the weather were nice, I would take the boat.

Anyhow, the dock is right next to the Resort Monorail entrance, so if you just miss the boat, you can hop on over to the monorail.

SBETigg
07-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Anyhow, the dock is right next to the Resort Monorail entrance, so if you just miss the boat, you can hop on over to the monorail.

True, and that's often how we decide between boat or monorail. If there's a boat just pulling up as we come out, we'll take the boat. If there's one just pulling away, we'll take the monorail. Not that it takes long for a new boat to pull in. The skippers are always so nice and friendly, too. :)

Mrs Bus Driver
07-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Well I haven't been lucky enough to stay in either a boat or monorail resort (someday). So I think I'm leaning towards the boat, its sounds very nice:mickey: Thanks everyone

ibrowse17
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
The monorail would be quicker. However, the boats are just so fun and relaxing in my mind. The view from the water, even at night, makes the boats a must for me when ever possible:thumbsup:

disneyboundagain
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
If you have the time, and the weather is nice, take the Monorail to the TTC and walk thru the Poly grounds to the Great Ceremonial House. It only takes 5 minutes and is a nice, relaxing walk.

#1disneyfan
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I would take the monorail. I like taking the monorail ride, and if it is not taken, try to get your family to ride in the front. That is a great experience too.

Have a great time.

Polynesian Dweller
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
The monorail can be faster, but, and its a big but, the Poly is the 3rd stop from MK. How quick the monorail is depends on how long it stops at the Contemporary and at the TTC. Sometimes, the stop at the Contemporary can be quite long for some reason I don't understand.

We always take the resort launch (not the ferry) and find it quick and convenient. Besides, the walk from the Poly's dock through the grounds past the volcano pool is definitely something to be experienced. Its quite beautiful.

ryca1dreams
07-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I like taking that boat launch too. I especially like it at night. It is nice sometimes at WDW to slow down and really enjoy the little experiences.

SBETigg was right that the skippers are nice and it is a good way to get to know people even the passengers. I remember one of our skippers was a retired NY Fire Fighter. I thought that was cool.

gmgdisneymom
07-17-2008, 11:19 AM
we always take the monorail just because it is one of our only opportunities to do so - since we stay at other resorts that have boats to other places. Good choice of O'hana it is one of our favs

Mrs Bus Driver
07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks everyone, I would like to see the Volcano pool :D