PDA

View Full Version : Charging of batteries

disneymad1998
07-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi There,

Can someone help - I thought I read somewhere that you can charge your video camera batteries at the Theme Parks / Hotels for a small charge - is this correct and what parks / hotels can you do this at?

Disneymad1998
:mickey::mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-12-2008, 05:12 PM
You know, there are outlets in the walls at your room and around the parks. You could bring your own charger and charge them without having to pay.

bigbabyblues
07-12-2008, 05:47 PM
You know, there are outlets in the walls at your room and around the parks. You could bring your own charger and charge them without having to pay.

That's what we do. Camera battery goes on the charger every night, no worries!

magicofdisney
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
One night we stayed late for the 11:00 SpectroMagic parade. My camcorder battery was dead. I just happened upon an outlet right outside Pecos Bill. I plugged it in and was able to record the entire parade.

Another time, we were at the Electric Umbrella at Epcot. A gentleman asked if he could plug his phone in behind our table using the outlet there. It charged the entire time we were eating lunch.

You could probably google information on where to plug in at Disney.

wdwnomad
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
You can go to any of the camera centers in the parks and they will charge your batteries for you free of charge. The other suggestions of going to a counter service restaurant are good too. There are outlets in them you can plug in if you have your charger with you.

Personally, I've never needed to charge during the day. I always charge my batteries when I get back to the room whether they need it or not.

Another good tip about charging is if you accidently leave your charger at home. Go ask at the front desk if they have one you can borrow. People leave chargers in their rooms all the time after they check out. Many hotels have quite a selection of chargers that they might be able to lend out from lost and found.

Young@Heart
07-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Wow, I never thought about charging in the parks! Might just have to bring the charger along each day, just in case it doesn't last.

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Question -- our digital camera, a Kodak Easyshare, charges via USB port on our computers. How do we charge those without having to buy an adapter. Will the hotels do that for us as well?