PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point

TysMomTink
07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi. DH and I are taking our will then be 20 month old son with us to dinner at AP in September. I heard somewhere that the staff does a good job of diners with children from adult only diners. I am hoping someone can confirm this for me. Don't get me wrong, our son does well in fine dining places but after all, he is only a toddler. I'd enjoy it a lot more if I didn't think there were going to be eyes glaring at me saying, "you brought a toddler here?!?!" I've researched the various in-room babysitting options but we're not comfortable leaving our son with a stranger.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to this meal. Thanks.

Tinkerbellfan
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I have seen children - including toddlers - eating at all of the Disney's signature restaurants. And, since you are at Disney World (a destination for Kids), I would be shocked if people gave you a bad look for bringing your child to any restaurant.

We have been going to DW pretty regularly since 2002. And, during my last two trips, I have noticed several of the signature restaurants seems to be seating parties with children in one area and parties without children in other areas. This seating arrangement was very evident at both Artist Point and Jikos. I think this is a great plan for Disney World since it is benefical for parties with and without Kids.

As a party of only adults, we realize we are going to Disney World and we expect to see Kids when we are dining. If we were annoyed by seeing Kids while dining, we would head to a Sandels.

Of course, by making reservations at signature restaurants and after 8pm, we lessen our chance of having dinner at a signature restaurant completely surrounded by little tired pirates and princesses.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-12-2008, 03:39 PM
We ate at Artist Point for DS 2nd birthday a few years ago. They were great with him. Mickey, our server, gave him neat pages to color. He got a neat certificate for his birthday. They were great about making sure he had something he liked to eat and plenty of it. All around it was one of the best experience we've had with interaction with the kids.

Kairi_7378
07-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't have kids yet, but I ate at Artists' Point in October. I'm not sure if it was the servers, but there were any children there and they were very well behaved. I did see some kids celebrating a birthday (I think they were turning 3 or 4) and the server was making a big (but quiet) deal out of both kids at the table.

As others have said, it IS WDW and there are kids everywhere. As long as your child is not running around and screaming and stealing food (which I doubt your little guy will do since he is used to eating out) you will be fine!