PDA

View Full Version : Getting around the World

starrmomof2
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm going to preface this question saying that I know this may be ambitious, but I'm trying to work in a couple things we didn't do last trip. The first day we arrive, we're having dinner at Boatwrights at 6:20. We're planning on taking a bus from WL to DTD, then riding the boat to POR. Sort of a laid back, relaxing way to start our trip and see some new territory. After dinner, we may decide to take in Illuminations at Epcot. From there, we can walk to the Boardwalk and check out the games, performers, etc (a previous post indicated this is usually going on til 10:30). The question is then, what is the best way to get from the Boardwalk area back to WL? It is a night when EP has EMH, so would it be easiest to walk/boat back to Epcot, then bus back to WL?
As always, thanks for your help. This is what makes Intercot so great. This kind of question would never be answered in a guide book of any sort.

EllieMae
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Depending on DHS's schedule, you could also walk over there from the Boardwalk and take the bus back to WL without having to walk through the park.

CaptainDisney
07-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Your three options:

1) Your idea of walking through Epcot to the bus station out front and catching a bus back to WL.

2) EllieMae's suggestion to take the bus from DHS (park hours permitting)

3) Another idea is to take the bus to MK and then bus/boat to WL (park hours permitting)

I'd probably pick whichever does not coincide with a park's closing and avoid as much of the rush as possible.

joelkfla
07-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Just a caution ... the bus from WL goes to GF before DTD, and GF to DTD is a pretty long ride, so allow 60 minutes (including wait time) just for the bus from WL to DTD. It might take half that if you get a bus right away and traffic is good, but better safe...

I think the DTD to PO boat runs every 20 minutes in the evening, so allow another 35 minutes for the boat portion.

Tick-Tock
07-13-2008, 11:13 AM
You could also take a DTD bus from Boardwalk, then catch the WL bus from there.

TikiGoddess
07-13-2008, 02:16 PM
You could also consider a taxi for any portion of the trip. I would consider this from the Boardwalk to the WL. The other option I would do is walk through Epcot and catch a bus to the WL.

TikiG

Disney Lynn
07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Also allow extra time for this leg of your trip. If too many guests are trying to get back to their resorts (POFQ and POR), you might find quite a line. We weren't able to get on the first boat that arrived, and another boat didn't arrive for several more minutes (20?). The boat ride itself is quick and relaxing.

starrmomof2
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions; it's nice to have several options available. Thanks, too, joelkfl, for the info on WL to DTD bus. I didn't remember stopping at the GF when we were there two years ago, but I wasn't watching the clock, either.