PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Italian Restaurant at Magic Kingdom

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 10:21 AM
:) I know a lot of people do not like Tony's, but since we do not have very many authentic Italian restaurants around here and consider Olive Garden really good food :blush:, we're going to give it a shot in December.

Here's my question, for those of you who have tried the restaurant and have found something you've liked, what should I order? Also, what should I avoid?

tadshome
07-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Our family loves Tony's. I always order the meatballs they are lovely

KineGirl
07-12-2008, 12:13 PM
we enjoyed the tomato/mozzarella appy & I ordered seafood diablo last year which was pretty good

wendy*darling
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I like their calamari as an appetizer. :thumbsup:

I haven't had anything I didn't like as an entree.
I usually don't order regular "spaghetti" in a restaurant, but I do enjoy pasta dishes with interesting toppings & sauces. They seem to always have a couple of interesting and tasty options The menu changes often enough to keep things fresh.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I like their calamari as an appetizer. :thumbsup:

I haven't had anything I didn't like as an entree.
I usually don't order regular "spaghetti" in a restaurant, but I do enjoy pasta dishes with interesting toppings & sauces. They seem to always have a couple of interesting and tasty options The menu changes often enough to keep things fresh.

:blush: I too am leary about spaghetti, its the one thing most Italian restaurants seem to disappoint in, the pastas sound good though. What about Pizza? My son will probably be interested in those.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Our family loves Tony's. I always order the meatballs they are lovely

Do you just order meatballs added on to another entree or with spaghetti?

VolMickey
07-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Eaten at Tony's once with DW. Not impressed at all. We have a ressie there for the coming trip, but not looking forward to it. Remember being more Chef Boyardee than Chef Tony. Advice on the good stuff is much appreciated.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 01:22 PM
we enjoyed the tomato/mozzarella appy & I ordered seafood diablo last year which was pretty good

The diablo has been mentioned in other posts, but I am picky about my seafood. That is one thing we have in abundance here in Mississippi. Thanks

jefmblrd
07-12-2008, 01:31 PM
We ate there once and never will go back. The food was awful. One person in our party had lasagna, and I had baked ziti-both tasted like a frozen dinner-really bad.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 04:46 PM
:( Wow, usually lasagna is hard to mess up

wendy*darling
07-12-2008, 05:16 PM
:blush: I too am leary about spaghetti, its the one thing most Italian restaurants seem to disappoint in, the pastas sound good though. What about Pizza? My son will probably be interested in those.
I'm not actually leery about spaghetti, but I figure that's something I can make at home for about $1.00/serving. Why order it out?

Being Italian, and from an area of the country where there are more good Italian restaurants than there are McDonald's, I tend to order their meat or fish entrees or a more complex pasta dish- something with a little creativity.
Never just spaghetti and meatballs.
I also usually stay away from their house marinara sauce- nothing is as good as mine! ;)

I also meant to say, we have dined at Tony's several times. And while I do not have Tony's on my list for my next 2 trips- we will go back.

garthbarth1
07-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Avoid the baked ziti if at all possible! The time I had it it came on my plate in a perfect square.....very odd and horrible tasting!

MatterhornMiss
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I have dined at Tony's three times, but was disappointed the last time I visited (2006). I don't know if this has to do with the fact we went for lunch (the lunch menu does not have as many choices) or if it is another example of what others see as a general downward trend in WDW food since the introduction of the dining plan. In 2002, I had this wonderful dish (which was actually an appetizer) called Buca Nuva, but I don't think it is on the menu anymore.

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-13-2008, 01:58 AM
We dined at Tonys Sept 07 and really enjoyed it. My DH had the NY Strip Steak and said it was the best he had in WDW. Who would have thought? I had a chicken dish that I don't see on their menu anymore. For dessert we had a trio. The cannoli was really good.

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I love cannolis. Might make it worth keeping the ressies.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I have dined at Tony's three times, but was disappointed the last time I visited (2006). I don't know if this has to do with the fact we went for lunch (the lunch menu does not have as many choices) or if it is another example of what others see as a general downward trend in WDW food since the introduction of the dining plan. In 2002, I had this wonderful dish (which was actually an appetizer) called Buca Nuva, but I don't think it is on the menu anymore.

:mad: Oh no, lunch is when we are going...I was looking over menus and it seemed like lunch was the only time they served pizza and I was thinking more of my son......