PDA

View Full Version : If & When to spend a day at US/IOA during trip?

Jarrod
07-12-2008, 10:03 AM
We are going to be at the world for 10 days around Thanksgiving and are considering whether to take a day to go to Universal or Islands of Adventure. We have 6 & 9 yo boys, but will also have our 16 yo nephew joining us for this trip. I think that our boys will enjoy it, but we feel it may be a must to keep the 16 yo nephew entertained for 10 days. If we do it, should we try to do both parks, or just one (which one). Would Tuesday be a good day to do it? (the only day we don't have any planned ADRs)

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Hair_Razor
07-12-2008, 10:46 AM
What day really depends on your other plans. I really enjoy US/IOA I feel it can be done in one day if the crowds are low. If it's busy you might end up going back. With 3 boys this will probably be their favourite thing. I know I will get eaten alive for even suggesting that, but in my opinion US/IOA is very boy friendly park lot to do. With 10 days you will have plenty of time to see all Disney parks and still spend 2 days at US/IOA if you need to. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

andreallybadeggs
07-14-2008, 04:04 PM
You didn't mention your accommodations. If it fits your budget, what I would recommend is beginning or ending the trip with a couple of nights at one of the Universal hotels. We've been there at very busy times of the year and were still easily able to do everything we wanted in both parks (plus have time to swim and relax) in 2 days since hotel guests get unlimited front-of-line privileges.

NJGIRL
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
I have to say that you need 2 days to do both parks.

We have been to Universal many many times (in the slower season) beause we go each trip to FL. If you want to do most of the attractions and shows you need the whole day at each park. Now if you just want to skim thur the parks and just see a few attractions between the two parks then you can do them in a day.

Universal has alot of great rides and shows. My 10 year old son and 14 year old nephew like Universal more than Disney.

My advice to you especially since you have never been before is to take the time to fully appriecaiate what they have to offer and not to rush through the parks.

murphy1
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Buy the Express Pass!!! It will make your trip so much better!!! You could actually even do both parks in a day if you have this, but I think two days is best. The hotels on property ar gorgeous! We stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street just b/c I always stayed over that way when I traveled to Windermere and MetroWest on business a few years ago (I seriously am shocked how built up that area is). The Doubletree is great too. The boys will have a blast! You'll be able to see the area where they are putting the Harry Potter Wizarding World, too.