PDA

View Full Version : Artist Pointe at WL-Romantic?

DisneyMom3
07-12-2008, 08:48 AM
My husband and I will be on our second honeymoon and will be staying at WL. Is this restaurant romantic? How is the food? Is there a particular area in the restaurant I should request?

Tinkerbellfan
07-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Hello,

Yes, I think Artist Point is a romantic restaurant. Our party of only two adults have dined there twice and are headed back to Artist Point in November.

The service is great and the food is wonderful. We have tried the Filet, Salmon and Buffalo - all were excellent. We have also tried several salads and some great desserts. And, they have excellent expresso martinis!

The great part of Artist Point is they try to sit parties with children away from parties without children. I would recommend requesting a table near the window so you can overlook the Lake and the grounds of the Wilderness Lodge.

Enjoy!

Giselle
07-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Artist Point is romantic. A little too bright of lighting though. The restaurant has never been crowded when we've been there, so I would just ask for a table not near other people eating. Why do they sit you right next to another table when the whole restaurant is empty so you have to hear each other's conversations? A table near the window would be nice just to have the view though.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
This is one of DH & my favorite restaurants in the World! It is very romantic and the food is FANTASTIC! We've always had amazing service. If Mickey is still working at AP and is working when you go request him. He's an incredible server!

The mushroom soup is absolutely the most delicious soup I've ever had. The buffalo is fantastic. The desserts are to die for! You can't go wrong dining here!

Kairi_7378
07-12-2008, 11:25 AM
The food at AP is very good. We've had the mushroom soup, the venison spring rolls, the buffalo steak, the halibut, the coffee two ways, and the chocolate cake with blood orange sauce. I can recommend all of these except the halibut (which I thought was too dry). The wine selection is very good.

We had a 5:30 ADR there on our October trip, and we got stuck behind a column but next to the window, so we had a nice view of the courtyard. The restaurant is brightly lit but relatively quiet and can be a romantic choice for an evening.