PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Trip - Day 8 - Dreams Come True

Nascfan
07-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Day 8: Friday the 20th

This was going to be somewhat of a “relaxing” day as we had breakfast at 1900 Park Faire and then were going to tour the countries at Epcot, something we’d never really been able to take time to truly appreciate. We also planned to take in evening EMH at MK, since it was our last full day and we could sleep on the plane tomorrow if we wanted.
1900 Park Faire breakfast was great! The food was delicious, I think with two meals there, we really found we enjoy it. In attendance were Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger. It was our first meeting with Mary, we had only seen her in parades before so we were glad to get to do that. Alice and Mad Hatter were very funny playing off each other and involving us in a game of tag. Alice tagged Lauren who got Kathy who tagged me. Alice then said to get Mad Hatter when he came around and tell him “no tap backs”. So waiting for the perfect opportunity, I tagged him and called the rest of our table safe from tap backs.

After filling up way more than we should have we ventured to Epcot via the monorail, actually getting there earlier than expected. Kathy made sure the Photopass pics from the previous Saturday were on our card while Lauren and I got FPs for Mission Space Orange. Having a little time to kill, we took another spin on Spaceship Earth, something we all wanted to do again before we left since we enjoyed it and the refurb our first time around. After our “return to Earth”, it was time to leave it again for Mars. I think Lauren really enjoys that ride, especially the g-forces as you blast off. I know I do!

World Showcase was just opened up so we started where we left off previously after China. We checked out Germany and Italy, then we caught the fife and drum corps at America, and went in for Voices of Liberty and American Adventure. Seeing our anniversary buttons a CM pulled us aside, gave us a certificate and special viewing from the balcony for Voices of Liberty. We then got to go into the theatre before everyone else and pick out our own seats wherever we wanted!

After browsing Japan, we popped back towards Germany to see if Dopey would be out today. We didn’t have to ask as Snow White and Dopey were doing a meet right there! Kathy got to see her favorite and give him a big hug, and we got a neat picture with me with Snow White, and Kathy with Dopey (her own special prince). Then we checked out Morocco, which I must say is probably one of my favorite countries there. I think the reason is that it goes so far back and so deep, that it’s truly like you are in that country. There’s no WDW, everything is truly like you were really in Morocco. We got to browse France and U.K. and Canada, all while catching most of the street acts we wanted to see. One of the ones we really wanted to check out was The British Invasion in U.K. We caught their first act at 3:00 and they explained they’d be running through the eras of The Beatles, with Sgt. Peppers as one of the later ones. That was one Kathy really wants to see, but we knew it wouldn’t work for this time, since we wanted to see the Dragon Acrobats in China and would need to be packed before EMH. Another item for the list for the future.

Our last act before heading to China would be the comedy troupe in U.K. They came out and started to comically perform King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Guess who got chosen to participate as Sir Galahad? Yep, yours truly. I had SO much fun! It was definitely an experience I’ll always remember.

None of us were extremely hungry with the huge breakfast we had, but I really wanted fish and chips, so I munched on an order of those while the girls just got some chicken nuggets and fries.

As we walked over to China, weather started to move in again, and you could feel and smell that this was going to be a bigger one than some of the showers of earlier in the week. They moved the acrobats inside the big round building in China, and thankfully so. After an amazing act, it was still raining pretty hard so we toured the room with the terra cotta soldiers that were part of the tomb that was excavated. Amazing, and knowing the real figures were life sized just added to it. It was still coming down, but not quite as hard, so we donned the ponchos again and made our way out.

A quick trip home and we packed up everything we didn’t need and lay down a bit and rested before heading to MK for EMH. We got there about 9:00 pm as the first Spectro was going. We walked through Emporium looking all over for Captain Jessica Sparrow from I’Cot, but to no avail. We even asked a free CM, but she didn’t know where she might be. That was kind of disappointing because I really wanted to meet her, I enjoy her posts here.
We FP’d Jungle Cruise (our first night trip) and got in line for Pirates, since this was the first it was open for our tirp. They did a very nice job on the refurb here too. We think they pretty well kept the integrity of the ride without making Jack Sparrow too overpowering. After leaving, it was time for Jungle Cruise and we got right on for a hilarious night cruise. After that we saw that standby for Splash was only about 15-20 minutes, so Lauren and I decided to take our first trip with Brer Rabbit. Yes, I know, our first time on Splash. Can you believe it? Well, it was worth it! If not for the drop, we told Kathy she’d love it. I wish we could talk her into it, the drop is only 2 seconds of the ride, but she hates them.
We stopped to get me a Dole Whip (another first) and were able to grab a spot for the 2nd Spectro without much trouble. The Whip was delicious and it was good to see Spectro again, we hadn’t seen it for a couple trips. While the regular crowd cleared out after Spectro, the girls got ice cream cookie sandwiches, which were HUGE! I think they wish they’d shared one.
By now we were able to enjoy some EMH rides since it was well past closing. We rode Cinderella’s Carrousel with no wait, and worked our way over to HM for another doom buggy ride. We REALLY enjoy this one, I just can’t say enough about what a good job they did with the refurb. Whether it was a hiccup or a handicap loading, we stopped right at the dining room scene for a minute or two. What a great place to get stopped! So much happens there that in motion you can’t possibly see it all. We took on evil Zurg on Buzz, and pretty much walked right onto Winnie the Pooh. By now it was after 1:00 am, and we were feeling the effects of the day. Deciding a ride with that lovable Pooh Bear was a good place to end the day, we made our way out and collapsed into bed for about 3 hours of sleep time before getting up to check our luggage for the flight back to Detroit. Fun day, full day, but evening EMH, if you’ve got the stamina, is worth it in our opinion.

Donald
07-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

Nascfan
07-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Ugh, I can't believe I forgot to put this in.

While we were making our way to Fantasyland via the castle after ice cream, I saw an I'cot t-shirt on somebody. I yelled "Intercot!" and he turned and said hello. It was JPL! It's always nice to meet a fellow Intercotee, and even though we were disappointed we didn't get to meet Jessica, it was a pleasure talking with him for a few minutes.

faline
07-12-2008, 05:30 PM
If there has to be a last day at Disney World, you made sure to pack in lots and lots of fun!

offwego
07-13-2008, 10:14 AM
How funny that you did meet someone from Intercot when you were trying too even if it wasn't the person you thought you would meet?

I'm so glad that the EMH worked out for you! Sounds like a lot of fun all the way around.

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2008, 11:29 AM
What a great day Scott! We love the breakfast at 1900 PF. The characters are so much fun. You did well by the EMH at MK too! :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
What a wonderful and full day you had! I've so enjoyed reading these reports Scott! I know you have some time before your next trip so hopefully all these magical moments you've had will sustain you until then!

yjgirl715
07-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Great report- sounds like you had a lot of fun. Thanks.

pdrlkr
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
07-15-2008, 09:08 AM
What a great day! You really have had a great vacation.

Lizzie
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a fun day.

wdwgrl377
07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Great report! Fun filled day again! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-15-2008, 09:59 PM
What a fun day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey: