PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the misting fans??

mouseketeer mom
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
We have one in our posession, from a trip 2 Septembers ago. We purchased it in the park, its got characters on it and its on a leash type thing you can wear around your neck. Do they still sell them in the parks? I thing we will be killing each other for axcess to the one misting fan!!! We need more for our August trip!

Strmchsr
07-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Walmart and Target carry them. I assume a lot of stores do. Probably cheaper than in the parks.

sisterdisco
07-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I bought 2 at Walgreens during a hot little league game. They were 6.99 each. Someone at the game brought a Disney one. Side by side, the Walgreen's brand is not as sturdy in the battery compartment, but I think it is more than adequate for 1/2 the price. I also recently saw some at walmart for even less than at Walgreens!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes they still sell them. At every park, about every 10 or 20 feet. At MK, I think they sell them at the Exit Shop before you enter. I know there are at least 2 vendors on Main Street. The Emporium sells them. And that's all within 100 yards of entering.

So I think it's safe to say that you'll be able to find one, at the very least in almost every gift shop by the rides and main shops.

gmgdisneymom
07-11-2008, 10:39 PM
They still sell them - we bought two - 16$ each

#1disneyfan
07-11-2008, 11:45 PM
We have one of those fans, however they get kinda heavy to carry. We actually found that we liked the little personal fans better. While they don't have misters, they easily fit in a pocket or bag and some of them even have little hooks for belt loops. Just another option to the expensive Disney fans. We will probably pack our mister fan just in case, but the little ones will probably get a lot more use.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I had gotten a little mini misting fan last year @ Walmart that doesn't hold a lot of water but you don't have to cart a big fan around either. And it pushes a nice breeze. It was around $4.00.

Young@Heart
07-12-2008, 01:44 AM
I saw some at Walmart for about $6 earlier this week. We have a WDW one we're bringing w/ us, but I might pick up one more just in case.

Daisy'sMom
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
That reminds me of last month at Epcot, I saw a young girl with a group of kids (all with the same shirts on) pick one up and walk off with it. :mad:

EmmMOM2
07-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I've seen them at Walmart as well, in the outdoor section though, not the toy section.

The one's we bought at Disney one year were a little cheaply made with the soft fan blades. I understand the point for them, but our blades ended up falling off since the kids pull on them

So this year we'll be going to walmart!!

Disney Doll
07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
We found ours at Lowes. It's just plain blue, but it was about half the price of the ones they sell in the parks.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
We went to the Walmart by Disney last year to buy our misting fans. They were much cheaper and they had Mickey on them!