PDA

View Full Version : Pressed Coin Books?

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know the current cost of these? We haven't bought them in several years. Thanks! :mickey:

biodtl
07-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I was just looking for these and found several different Disney themed ones onlinbe (ebay for one) for about $10.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I believe at the parks they are either $6.95, or $9.95. For some reason $6.95 is standing out more but that is also the price of the classic autograph book so maybe that's why.

Young@Heart
07-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks! I've seen them for around $10 on ebay, but I wasn't sure if they were marked up by the seller or not. I know they look a lot different than the last ones we bought.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-13-2008, 03:33 AM
I checked today at work and both the Tinkerbell Coin Book and the Sorcerer Mickey ones are $6.95. I knew that price was standing out for a reason.

Soooooo, it's actually cheaper to get them at the parks plus you don't have to pay shipping.

Young@Heart
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I checked today at work and both the Tinkerbell Coin Book and the Sorcerer Mickey ones are $6.95. I knew that price was standing out for a reason.

Soooooo, it's actually cheaper to get them at the parks plus you don't have to pay shipping.

Thanks! That's less expensive than I thought!

DDuck66
07-14-2008, 10:53 AM
We usually do one a year for a "special" Christmas present. It comes out to about $50 bucks for a completed book with all the coin slots filled up.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah.....there are more coin presses than slots in the book. LOL.

A LOT more.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 12:47 PM
:hi: This is my sisters one request for a souvenier when we go in December....does anyone know how much it is to press them? I'm thinking 50 cents or $1.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-16-2008, 05:09 PM
51 cents for a penny (50 cents for the payment, plus penny), $1.25 for a quarter ($1 for payment plus the quarter).

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
:mickey: Thanks

Simba'sBud
07-17-2008, 03:50 PM
My DW and I have done one of these every year so far. I believe we will need to get 2 books this year, though, as they tend to fill up rather quickly. If you don't already know, you can really get a lot of pressed quarters at the Grand Floridian.

You know, I just thought of something. Do they have any books out there that either tell you or at least give hints on locations of pressed coin machines at WDW? I know about all the Hidden Mickey books and all, but I have not thought to check about penny machines, cause sometimes we seem to find them in the most inconspicuous places.

Just a thought! :mickey:

I think I'm going to check into that...

Simba'sBud
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Okay, so I found that there is a really cool checklist and location guide for pressed coin machines at WDW. And it's even in a cool, printable PDF format for everyone to enjoy. Needless to say, I'll be printing this when I get home tonight!! :thumbsup: Wow, I just realized it's 16 pages long. Between this and hidden mickeys, we should be able to fill up our down time!

By the way, here's the link:

http://www.presscoins.com/Listings/WDWChecklist.pdf

Young@Heart
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
I love the checklist! We used it for our first trip, and got a lot of great coins. But we found ourselves going out of the way a lot and we spent a lot of time looking for coins. DH and I figured we should put the checklists aside 'til the kids are a little older. Then they might not mind missing a little park time to go on some "treasure hunts". :mickey:

Sunshine1010
08-02-2008, 06:59 PM
As of January 2008, we paid $7.00 for the pressed coin book.

Before we left on our trip, we downloaded the information sheets (check off sheets). It's a lot! And it's not all accurate. I'm sure some machines will break down, etc. Plus, some were just listed wrong.

Also, you need more than 1 book to be able to do ALL the ones on the list. They are all over every resort, so I doubt you'd get them all in one trip.

My son had a blast doing it (7 years old), and we plan on buying him another book when we get to the resort.

Magic Smiles
08-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Before we left on our trip, we downloaded the information sheets (check off sheets). It's a lot! And it's not all accurate. I'm sure some machines will break down, etc. Plus, some were just listed wrong.

When I inquired a few years back I was told that the list is always be updated as they both replace and move the machines around.

DisneyBabies
08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Can you buy the squishy penny books at all the little stores at each resort or are the only in the big stores in the parks? I'm saving my pennys (and quarters) for my son for our trip in Feb.

Sunshine1010
08-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I've seen them everywhere....

resorts
carts at the parks
stores at the parks and DTD
here, there, everywhere