PDA

View Full Version : Really screwed up!

PrincessTracie
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I am so depressed right now! Me and my best friend are not talking right now. I messed up and lied to her about something stupid and now she says she can't trust me. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I apologized profusely, but she won't talk to me. I feel so horrible about what I did. But I am only human and I make mistakes. I can't take back what I did, boy I wish I could, but I don't know how to fix this.. I could really use some advice right now! :cry:

MMouse6937
07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through :hug:

All I can say is that you have to give it time. You apologized and said that you knew you were wrong, she's gotta let is sit for a while and look at it again when she isn't angry. It's hard, my best friend and I didn't talk for almost a year because we let another person come inbetween us and they manipulated both of us. It was really hurtful and hard but eventually she saw what was really happening and reached out to me and I was able to forgive and our relationship is so much better now.

Hang in there, let her know that you're there to talk, you want to make amends, and just let her heal, hopefully she'll come around. Good luck!

pink
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
That is a tough situation, but at this point there is nothing more you can do unless you can do. Wait it out and let her anger die down, she will most likely come around sooner or later. It's hard to remember that we're only human and are bound to make mistakes. Most people don't realize how much they're overeacting until it happens they do it themselves. Good luck. :mickey:

PirateLover
07-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Been there done that, on BOTH sides. As the others have said, time is the healer of all wounds. You've apologized and now it's her decision if and when she's ready and willing to accept that apology. I'm sure you've also learned an important lesson... hang in there.

Piglet822
07-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I've been there as well. And right now, I can't even tell you what caused it. I think it was because I forgot her birthday. She was going thru some other stuff at the time and this didn't help.
I apologized, called her a couple of times and then figured the ball was in her court and when she was ready she'd contact me. Honestly, it was several months and I was miserable without her.
It took the unexpected death of a coworker to bring us back together. We just fell into each others arms crying and everything else was forgotten.
I hope it doesn't take something that drastic in your case but time does heal.
I'm sending you lots of :hug: and :pixie: that you are able to mend fences with her soon.

Bethis26fan
07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I also so you've just got to give it time. Hang in there and try to keep busy. Hope everything works out.