PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day (Week) Crowds

Figment104
07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
:mickey: We're scheduled to be in WDW from Oct 11 - 18 and I didn't realize when I booked the trip that Columbus Day (and I also believe it's the Canadian Thanksgiving) is that Monday while we're there. I've been reading in some of the other threads that it can be really busy for Columbus day so now I'm wondering how busy that really means. Granted, I've never been at a non-busy time always at high level times (Spring Break/Easter Break, mid July and mid June) so I'm wondering how crowds will be during the week we're going compared to when I've gone in the past.

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
We were down during that week in 2007, and decided it was our favourite time of year to visit! :thumbsup: That said, we only ever really noticed HUGE crowds at Epcot on the Saturday nights due to the Food and Wine Festival. Otherwise, we found it all right. BTW, Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party was the best Disney party we've been to, and it was so worth the money. :thumbsup:

Figment104
07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I really hope that is the case this year. We're really looking forward to the F&W festival so I know we won't mind the crowds there too much.

We've got our tickets for MNSSHP and I can hardly wait. Now I'm just trying to decide what DH and I should dress up as since Halloween is DH absoutely favorite holiday.

:mpumpkin::mpumpkin:

Dyanna
07-11-2008, 01:06 PM
We went last year during this week. It also happens to be the same week that some southern states have their fall recess. The park was more crowded than I thought. The longest wait for a ride was 90 minutes. This was for Soarin in Epcot & Peter Pans Flight in MK. Other that that the most we waited without fastpasses was 30 minutes. I would also suggest that you make your dinning reservations now if you have not done so already. Even with ressies we had to wait about a half an hour until we got a table. Do try to attend MNSSHP. It was well worth the money just to see the parade, shows & fireworks & my kids loved the trick or treating around the park that we rushed around 2x & walked out with 2 bags of candy a piece.

ChipDale2708
07-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Glad to hear the week isn't unmanageable. We will also be in the World that week and hoped it wouldn't be too crazy. We haven't had any trouble making the ADR's we wanted and also got our Halloween Party tickets for that Thursday night. Can't wait to get there! :mickey:

gauvin4
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
My sister and I are also going down that week!! :mickey: We did not realize it was Columbus Day week and I have been getting nervous about the crowds. I was at WDW for Christmas this past year, so if I can make it through those crowds, I can make it through anything!! :thumbsup:

nls721
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
We'll be down there then as well. I think 90 days to go (countdown in on other 'puter). Anyways, I was starting to stress about crowds as well. Touringplans rates the week as all 4's and 5's (out of 10) with Columbus Day being the only exception with a 7. When we were down last June it was at 7's and 8's all days and we thought that was fine. Don't worry about it. We'll be fine!

DisneyMama18
07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I am so glad to hear that the crowd level won't be that bad. We were there in June 2007 and it was pretty crowded, lines for all the popular attractions were 2 to 2.5 hours, we had to use fastpasses for everything. We will be there Oct. 10 - 15th this year and will be attending MNSSHP on October 13th. I didn't think anything of it when I booked it as our kids do not have off for that holiday in PA. After I started reading about fall breaks, Jewish holidays, Canadian holidays I started to worry. But if the crowd level isn't anything like mid June then it will be a treat for us. :mickey: