PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Diver

ljv1975
07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I was just wondering if they still offer the diver with the sign at Coral Reef? :diver: We will be going for my DD's birthday next year. Also, does anyone know the cost? Thanks!

laprana
07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I know they still offered this as of June. We ate at the Coral Reef one night on our trip the end of May/beginning of June, and there were 2 divers with signs - one for a birthday and one for an anniversary. It was really cute! Not sure about the cost, though, but I'm sure someone who knows will come along shortly! :thumbsup:

butterfly18237
07-11-2008, 05:09 PM
yes they still do the diver and the personalized menu. It does not cost a thing. But the diver is limited. The menu you can have anytime. Just call Debbi at the Coral Reef, and she sets it up for you.

garymacd
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Disney Dive Quest is still offered. There are limited spaces available over the two dives per day. I don't know about carrying signs into the pool for diners, no one asked me.

If you are interested in doing DiveQuest, you will need just a couple of things: a certification card and about $150. If you are certified through PADI, you get a $10 credit on your dive. The dive is preceded by a one hour tour and orientation session including getting sizes for suits and fins.

The only piece of diving equipment you are allowed to bring of your own is a mask. Anyone using a prescription lens mask is encouraged to bring his or her own. I would suggest bringing your own mask, regardless. By the end of the dive my forehead was killing me! Very uncomfortable mask.

It was a lot of fun. I have a lot of good memories, a dvd of my dive, a t-shirt available only to DiveQuest divers, a special Disney pin and the knowledge that some of the money I spent went to educational programs to assist with environmental studies and saving endangered species.

Guya103
07-12-2008, 08:26 PM
This August we will be celebrating my brothers birthday and eating at the Coral Reef. I had no idea about the diver and sign or the menu. What exactly is the personalized menu? Any help would be great! I would love to try and have this done for him.:mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
call Disney Dining, ask for the direct number for Coral Reef, and once there ask to be transferred to Debbi. She will give you her e-mail, and you can send her some digital pictures, and info about your special event and she will crate a personalized menu for you. It is free of charge. You can also ask if there are any diver times left for your reservation time. We were able to get one for My Mom's birthdya on our September trip. But we called and e-mailed with her about 6 months a head of time... But it is always worth a shot.

Both are free of charge. And They will still do the menu for you for free, even if there is no diver available.

Debbie has been GREAT to work with. (I had done a menu for my husband on our anniversary last year.)

Good luck!! And Happy Birthdya to your brother!

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-13-2008, 01:51 AM
When it gives you the options of who to contect with do you choose hostess?

Guya103
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info, I will give it a try!:mickey: