PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! Salute to dogs...

Dr_Nigel_C
07-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! :mickey:

Today we salute dogs. :dog: No, not those dogs -- Hot Dogs!! :pig: ;-)

That's right, tomorrow is National Hot Dog Day.

So, to celebrate, Bret will be grilling up tasty dogs all weekend long. I like mine with ketchup and mustard -- how does everybody else like theirs??

Without further delay, here's the Drink-of-the-day (tm):

Dog House Dew

* 4 1/2 oz Vodka
* Mountain Dew
* Lemon juice
* Ice

Mixing instructions:

Pour vodka into any cup or glass. Fill with Mountain Dew. Add a few splashes of lemon juice. Add a few ice cubes (optional, but recommended). Stir. Enjoy!!

Well, hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

JanetMegan
07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
That drink sounds pretty refreshing on a hot summer day, but only one for me, Vodka makes me mean ;)

murphy1
07-11-2008, 07:57 AM
I'll take one of those Dews!! Especially during the witching hour of 4-6 pm (can you tell I'm ready for school to start!!)

I can eat a couple of turkey franks, please Bret, one with just mustard and banana peppers and the other one with chili and cheese! My Border Collie Murphy thanks you for not having her on the menu!!

drummerboy
07-11-2008, 08:36 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY

I'll have my hot dog with ketchup and relish please, not burnt. Who's bringing the fire truck? :tikki:

disneydeb
07-11-2008, 08:54 AM
I'll take a hot dog and a sugar free root beer please!
:tasty:

wdwgrl377
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!

With the kind of week that I've had...I'll start off with 2 of those drinks....it's been a rough, stressful week for me and I'm ready to unwind! I'm usually not a heavy drinker, but today goodness I feel like starting early! LOL :blush:
It's just been one of those weeks......

I will have my hot dog with ketchup, mustard, relish and a little bit of onions, please Bret! Thanks!

disneydrmr
07-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Mmmmm... hot dogs on a grill! Nothing better! I'll take mine with mustard, chili and shredded cheese on top! And a diet coke please. I brought some reduced fat nacho cheese doritos to share.. they expire on Tuesday so we're selling them for only $5 a case!!! Help yourselves!

Happy Friday everyone!

MsMin
07-11-2008, 10:27 AM
:unsure: Do I have to have a hot dog??? I'm on a diet, yeah that's right, I'm on a diet....
I'll take the drink instead... with an extra dash of lemon.

Have a great weekend all.....
I have some great portobello mushrooms... can I have a mushroom dog?

Nascfan
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Mmmm-mmm! Dogs hot off the grill! :thumbsup:

Happy Friday everyone!

Just how high can we get those flames?

MMouse6937
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Happy Friday all!!

Hot dogs sound good actually. Mustard and onion for me, or some chili, cheese and onions! Everyone have a great weekend!!

ElenitaB
07-11-2008, 03:14 PM
MMMMMmmmmm... hot dogs on the grill! :tasty: I'll have one (Hebrew National, please) with sauerkraut and deli mustard! Thanks!

And can you send me and Deb more diet root beers! :beer: :beer:

Dr_Nigel_C
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Alrighty -- more dogs have just come off the grill, and the fixins' bar is all set up.

Mmm...ok, who said chili & cheese? I almost forgot I LOVE those!! :-)

Fresh round of drinks (including sodas) are on the way.

disneydrmr
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Alrighty -- more dogs have just come off the grill, and the fixins' bar is all set up.

Mmm...ok, who said chili & cheese? I almost forgot I LOVE those!! :-)

Fresh round of drinks (including sodas) are on the way.

That was me! Gotta love my Gold Star Chili Cheese Coneys!!! Mmmmm.... you may have just helped me decide on what to have for dinner tonight! :eat:

murphy1
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Me, too!! Love C & C!!

We seem to be eating more hot dogs these days thanks to higher prices on oh, I don't know....EVERYTHING!!! Argh, it's cutting into my fabric budget!